Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

try looking at it this way... he needs WR that have situational awarness based on the Def... that is not Wilson yet and I am think they may trade Williams (hopefully for a 3)! He needs another WR that - besides #10 who drops as many balls as he catches, can do that and DA will be that guy. That is how this passing game works.

JackBower likes this.
  2. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Nick Wright. But again....he ain't saying anything that is wrong there? Bringing in Adams still isn't going to make this team "good", or much less solve the problem of having a capably good QB routinely being hindered by a poorly coached and below average execution offense. Heck I don't think there is nearly as many fans in this thread even trying to argue that anymore.

I know I'm personally a lot more attention concerned about things like the abysmal defensive showing against the run monday, or the potential prospects of Tyron Smith being cooked atm, then I'm up or down on the team upgrading from Mike Williams at WR.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You're completely ignoring the part where on 10/1/24 he said how amazing Davante was and whatever team gets him is getting a really good WR- His words, not mine. Now yesterday, they are just getting a "32 year old receiver with a gimpy hamstring" -- again, his words, not mine. Nothing changed with his hamstring from 10/1 to yesterday lmao. I'm not talking about anything else he is saying other than that. If the Chiefs got Adams, Nick Wright would be jerking off under the studio desk like he is Pee Wee fucking Herman. Just pointing out how much of a clown this guy is.

REVISion likes this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

That's not the point.

The point is that in the span of two weeks, Wright went from saying Adams is "really good" to saying he is essentially washed and won't have a big impact. It's clear he's just saying outlandish things for clicks, so we shouldn't put much weight in his "analysis."

5. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Actually it is the point. And it's the same core point that applied in spades on this forum and among this fanbase over the last year plus anytime somebody dared question whether bringing in Aaron Rodgers with all his baggage was the right move. You guys are essentially getting way too caught super fanboying there imo, and getting overly-defensive to an exaggerated-by-you version of something he never actually said in that clip.

Adams is indeed a soon to be 32 year old receiver in a league where aged decline (again, like a 40yo QB) is always a potential concern factor. Who does currently have a surrounding hamstring concern as evidently by the fact he's missed his last couple of games. Those are the surrounding facts, and there is no foul in pointing that out regardless of the your own apparent dislike of any non-positive spin narrative on it. That is also not the same thing as calling Adams washed, or even saying anything negative about him for that matter. Especially when put in relationship to a over arcing point declaration that this trade is not going to even come close to solving the bigger picture issue/s preventing the Jets from being a "good" football team right now.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We weren't commenting on whether Adams will make a difference. We're just saying that Wright's comments on the matter are irrelevant because he's not making coherent points.

Re-read your exchanges with @dawinner127 since the Wright comments were posted. He didn't mention his personal thoughts on Adams' impact once.

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. dawinner127

Not even worth your time.

8. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

Adams cap hit is 40 million next year, thats 40 million for a guy whos 33 years old, what a moronic trade.

9. dawinner127

None of the money is guaranteed.

10. letsgojets2819

Even if he is released he adds $8,362,667 to our cap for not playing, dumb thing to do in a season that we are 2-4 in, and you know if he Ar is coming next year so is he.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

so think of it as Jets selecting Davante Adams with next year's 3rd round pick. (It will be a god-awful waste if they don't keep him. But then that is the typical Jets thing to do.)

12. letsgojets2819

We practically wasted 2 3rd round picks on him and 10 million dollars, because Joe douglas is covering up his blunders of Mike Williams and Malachi Corley with Davente Adams.