details NFL offer to union ... union says not good enough...wtf

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsFan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm on the owners side now. The NFLPA is not being understandable. From what I understand they will not budge at all. The owners have improved their offer but the NFLPA gave their origonal offer and will not change at all.

In negotiating you have to give up and lose something and come to a "medium" but obviously thats not what the players union wants to do.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

When a genius like you is on the "owners side now" I think I will stay with the players on this one. This article is one sided bullshit. Pure bullshit.........

The owners want more money fine, open your fucking books totally and give full disclosure. They were not willing to do so ............ so fuck those billionaire cocksuckers.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This labor stuff really brings out the genius's of the site.

Bravo for one of the dumbest fucking posts I have ever read here. Bravo!

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Bravo!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would call that the nfls statement more than its offer. good list though and i am sure it will be referenced a million times.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it is hard for me to believe how many people are on the owners side at this point simply because they read some bullshit statement on sportscenter. but those people are exactly who the owners are trying to sway. they for some reason feel that if the fans get on the players that they will cave and seem to be willing to go to any lengths to make the players union look bad AND not show the books.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah it makes sense the owners offered the players the Moon and the players told them to fuck themselves............... Wow the owners were so giving and the players are so greedy. :rofl:

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

It's called negotiating. The NFLPA got the owners to budge a little bit. Next time they meet, they will budge a little more. A deal will get done.

This situation is sort of similar to the Revis deal last year. You hear a bunch of BS from both sides, the media blows everything out of proportion, and then a deal gets done at the last minute and everybody is happy.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I can't believe they didn't take that. That offer=the world. Only the fans suffer while the millionaires take a year off.

10. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Thanks for the update, Goodell

11. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Those poor owners, with their billion dollars franchises and employees who risk their necks to entertain us and make them money.

12. jetzfan

jetzfan Member

Received an email from Roger Goodell telling me how hard they tried (basically the NFL statement last nite). I am not picking the owners or players side on this one as I am taking the fans side who so often gets screwed every time money comes into the equation. I replied to the email telling him that if there is no season next year then he can count on me not watching or attending any games when games do resume. I know I'm only one person but I am sure there are thousands or millions more that have the same feeling as I do. Here is the content...

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
    Roger Goodell

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The NFL is a bit like the EPL , both seem to be bullet proof in hard times. People want to have their bit of fun at the weekend, after busting their balls all week at work, so other things, like getting a newer car or an extra holiday go out of the window.
    I don't believe for a second that the NFL and its owners aren't making bucket loads of cash.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly.

Is there some truth in this article? Sure. But don't be ridiculous and think this is the whole truth enough to sway your mind.

I am glad to read something from the owner's side, since we really just hear the players' side recently.

But when my family has to fork over tens of thousands of dollars for the right to buy our four seats and all we get are slightly more convenient bars and bathrooms, and cup holders, I can't take the owners' side.

15. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

His avatar is fine, you're the one with the worst avatar. :)

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I treat all this lockout talk like I do politics. I understand it's impossible to know everything, I'm fully aware that when regular people talk about it they don't know what they're talking about, and I'm 100% confident that every bit of info that comes out of a politician's mouth (or in this case Goodell/Smith) is bullshit.

17. Trifco

Trifco New Member

And in the end all you can do is hope for the best :p

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Let's be very clear here:

1) THE NFLPA knows their case will be handled by a pro-labor judge (how come they already know who their judge is?).

2) That 4 billion $$$ taken off the table in case of a lock-out helps the NFLPA position a lot.

ATM (things can always change) DeMaurice Smith holds the NFL by the balls and they want to get the best possible deal.
    Although, as a fan, I would like a deal done asap I can understand them wanting the max possible deal since its the owners that have opted out and I understand their position on not signing anything until they've seen the financial info they want.

19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It's all called negotiations. Posturing is classic. A deal will get done.

20. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

Anyone know about the other major professional sports, do the owners there open their books to the players ?
    Anyone know any major corporations that open their books completely to their employees when they negoitate raises/contracts ?