Deshaun Watson Traded to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Well it doesn’t look like he will have an excuse, because it seems Jets are doing everything in their power to build a talented team that can carry him as he develops.

It’s actually the way a young QB is supposed to be developed, talented team carries him first couple of years then he transitions into the QB who carries the team.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Jets select Ekwonu and put him at RT and disregard Becton, use him as depth and cut ties with him after 4 years or trade him before that.

That would be a line that would help the offense tremendously…Fant, AVT, CM, Tomlinson, Ekwonu.

#41 Red Menace, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    FJF and ouchy like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Agree with all of it.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't know what Watson is doing exactly. Rumors are he is vetoing every option he hears, including Phily and Carolina.

4. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Might be playing a game of chicken with the Texans.

Texans want the world for him still and Watson might be looking to reduce this by only agreeing to one team perhaps. Therefore helping his new team not sacrifice as much as it could.

Weakens the Texans position who have to pay him 41 million if he doesn't leave.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

ouchy likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

except they don't. they can force him to play and if he refuses fine him into oblivion. players can't hold out anymore due to the new CBA rules.
    people think watson has the leverage but he doesn't. the reality is it's beneficial for both sides to get a deal done. watson can go play elsewhere and the texans can get a bunch of assets to rebuild
    option 2 is he plays for the texans
    option 3 is he refuses to play and gets fined insane amounts of money and doesn't get paid

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The news today is that he's informed the Browns that he's not going there, after they courted him. Baker Mayfield saw what was happening and released an emotional farewell letter to Browns fans the other day. Baker was slightly premature with his tears. What a mess! Let's be thrilled that this kind of gossipy nonsense is FAR away from us. Finally!

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

darnold didn't work out but happy we didn't have baker. at least darnold was a professional and not a child. I think the browns still look to move on from him at this point.

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

tbh, i dont understand the premature jettison-Becton stance people are taking. it's pretty knee-jerk from my POV. We have to SEE what's what THIS year.
    He showed promise as a rookie.

KingRoach and Red Menace like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

LOL pitts deleted his tweet..

[​IMG]

10. LogeSection2RowJ

Agree. It's been discussed to death around here lately. We are all fickle bitches, so as soon as Mekhi shoves a big body out of the way again, he'll get most of his Jets fans back. IMO, that injury looked really bad despite the timetable. That day I did think he could be out the rest of the year no matter what they said. Now that the season is over, it's better that he was. No re-injury. My stance is that we still possess a unique and special player. I'd like to see what he's got on the right side just to see what type of athlete he is.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

Damn, think what's become of that draft's QB class... A buddy of mine actually wanted them to take Rosen! I was so close to nailing it - that offseason I wanted them to sign Bridgewater, and draft Josh Allen. They signed Bridgewater, but didn't take Josh. BUT I'm no genius either - I was ecstatic to get Darnold. When I wanted Josh Allen it was because I didn't expect Sam to be there. I also wanted either QB to sit and watch for a year behind Teddy. I guess that method of grooming is over.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The 49ers essentially red shirted Lance last year. He's who I wanted, so I hope I don't end up being right. So far, the best performer from the 2021 class is Jones.

K'OB and Red Menace like this.
  13. Losmeister

that draft class ... i didnt know wtf Sam was. buncha Jets fans had me convinced he was teh shizz. I watched a bit oftape and I was NOT wowed.
    i DID say why not just stay put a draft LJ cos when he sticks his foot in the ground its electric. although i admit that wasnt an EXACT, ACTUAL
    "we should defo just pick LJ" stance. it was more of
    " well.. i dunno about these guys ( Sam, 2 joshes, Baker-i was defo NOT for baker) LJ IS an option"

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t think there are any Jet fans that want him traded. We are simply paying attention to how the CS has treated him so far, they don’t seem to be supportive of him.

What do you think Watson is going to do? Play for Texans or force them into a trade?

#54 Red Menace, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  15. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Well Baker requested a trade and Browns denied it.
    Matt Ryan also looks like bridges burnt between him and Atlanta

All because they were courting Watson

16. Losmeister

bold- from my POV there is ALOT of extrapolating on little info. But... we all do this sometimes.

italic- Thanks for asking. Hmm... I think he gonna try to (force) to get eslewhere.
    And now lil BakerBoy is pouting for a trade. jajajajaja!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Ryan to Texans and Watson to Falcons. Wouldn't know what other compensation there would be.

I'm guessing Ryan would agree to the trade contingent on getting an extension.

18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

There is 0 chance Ryan goes to the Texans.

The Falcons recoup some pics from the Colts would be my guess.

The Texans want to see what they have in Mills and are in a youth movement. Ryan has enough personal capital in Atlanta to go to a winning team. The Colts make too much sense.

Br4d likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Matt Ryan to the Steelers is also a possibility.

KingRoach likes this.
  20. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Baker is going to be a messy situation there.

However, I think ATL will handle Ryan's exit gracefully, after all he has done for that franchise, i think he'll get the Stafford treatment.

The old let us know where you want to go and we'll work it out. Thanks for all you have done you legend.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

The Great American likes this.