Deshaun Watson Traded to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Feb 20, 2022.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't have to talk myself into believing anything. I believe that Zach is going to be a top 10 QB in the NFL for the next 10-15 years, maybe longer. He has the smarts, the work ethic, the character, the personality, and most of all the talent. I truly believe that after the upcoming season, maybe a lot earlier, you will become a believer too.

Did you watch all of his game film from 2020 and 2019? If not, I suggest you do so, that may convince where others cannot.

Borat, LAJet, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Legal issues aside I don’t want to see the Jets go down this path. They picked ZW now build a team around him and let’s do this the right way for once.

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

100%

JD knew Watson was going to be available. They made their decision and there’s 0 chance they change their entire team building strategy at this point.

It’s interesting to think what a Mac team would look like.
    He pays Adams
    Drafts 2020 bust CJ Henderson
    Trades for A. Cooper
    Trades the farm in 2021 for Watson
    No 1st rd. Picks last year or this and possibly next

Actually Wastson has a no trade and wouldn’t want to go from 1 shit show to another so we end keeping Darnold and give him 1 more year since he’s never had a true #1 WR until 2022 when we trade for Cooper. After going 1-16 we have the #1 pick and a ton of shitty contracts. Jets fans become Jaguar fans bc they comparatively look like a good organization.

cval, mrjet80 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I mean I honestly need more information to figure out if you are crazy or not. Making a thread about trading for Watson when the Jets already have Wilson is a little crazy, but the offer you gave is pretty reasonable. Meaning it would be a steal for the Jets to get Watson for Wilson, the #4 pick and a 3rd round pick. More realistic price is Wilson, #4, #10, #35, and #38. If you offered that, you would be crazy. I don't think people realize how good Zach Wilson is going to be. I still think Watson will be a great QB despite taking a year off though, so wanting him is not that crazy. Now I am starting to feel like I am crazy for actually writing out a response to this thread! :D

cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It’s going to take at minimum 3 1s to get him. No thanks.

Carolinas owner is in love with this guy and wouldn’t shock me if it’s 3 1s and CMC

6. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

Carolina or Detroit are the two teams that could beat the trade offer I suggested - given where they are in the draft this year and their estimated slots going forward (even with Watson). The Pitt and saints or the world will be offering teens or twenties when giving 3 #1s.

To be clear - I would not trade more than I suggested - getting Watson is risky in that he’s going to get a 6+ game suspension. That said - you know he’s great. We’re hoping that Wilson will be great (or even good). I, of course, hope that he will as a jet fan - but statistically - the chances of him being great after the season he had isn’t high just looking At analysis I’ve read. Only Stafford and Manning are cited as having overcome such bad first years. Now I hope I’m wrong (I really do) - but I’m inclined to think he will be average to bad.

if we can get an elite QB who is in his mid twenties (that has a contract that looks better by the day) for essentially our #4 and a 3rd rounder (assuming Houston likes Wilson) - this makes a trade intriguing. We still have more than enough draft and cap capital to continue to build a good team.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You aren't getting Watson for Wilson and the #4. That's a pipedream.

It would take 4, 10, Wilson and probably more.

Also -- I doubt Watson is going to get suspended. He would have last year

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The NFL put their investigation on hold until the criminal process concluded. They will do their investigation before they decide on a suspension.

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

In the MeToo Era this thread is absurd. Innocent until proven guilty applies to the criminal courts not public opinion.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What if Wilson does overcome all the hurdles that he faced last year and delivers like Stafford and Manning? Why couldn't he? He has every bit of the ability they did/do. Yes of course the odds say that it's unlikely, but if he's as talented as I thin he is - as Douglas and the rest of the Jets evaluators think he is - he could well do it.

People continue to be so quick to dismiss all the problems that surrounded him in his rookie year. Of course some were self-inflicted like ALL rookies do, but I'd say Zach had to overcome more than either Manning or Stafford. And the fact that he didn't quit and actually showed improvement despite deteriorating conditions speaks a lot about his competitiveness and ability to bounce back from adversity.

PJ4Ever, dmw, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. I have not watched game film. My take away from watching the games is he has long way to go.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are in rebuild mode . The money it would cost to bring in Watson is not worth it for the Jets. The reason we drafted Zach and one of the reasons we dumped Sam is because Zach is on a rookie deal.

Borat, dmw, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He definitely still has work to do, but then most 1st year QBs do. The situation was not one conducive to his having a great rookie season, not with the crap weapons around him, the crap OL early, and a rookie CS that was trying to figure things out. Then there were all the injuries and dropped passes. He will be fine.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

There's no way this is happening.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Same. The Jets would be crazy to offer that. I still think (hope) they plan on building around Wilson.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep. Let's move this to NFL Forum

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not shooting the messenger at all, but I don't believe this for a minute except for the "supposedly" part. I'll take it further. I call bs even on "supposedly". It's not like Zach Wilson Josh Rosened himself as a rookie. Besides, why would the Jets demoralize him and piss on his psyche by offering him as trade bait right now? McFadden's "source"? Probably Manish Mehta.

Red Menace likes this.