Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess he also tweeted this (16-17 years old);

It's since been deleted. These guys need to hire a professional team to scrub their social media accounts when they sign their first contract.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hey, a girl's gotta make a living.
    [​IMG]

Bills over Jets likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The women are all seeking the minimum amount allowed by the court. $500 . Dont think it's about money at this point.

4. TonyFtLaud

The Texans QB coach reportedly recommended the last therapist to Watson . Reported in the women's attorney press confrence.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

Dont know if it was already posted, but if anyone wants to see the actual press confrence held this afternoon by the womens attorney, here it is:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

As an attorney he can direct his clients to press charges and turn over the investigation to the state. If the state convicted Watson the civil suit would be a slam dunk.

In a high profile case like this the criminal trial needs to occur before the civil trial.

JetBlue likes this.
  7. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

22 women are accusing him of some kind of misconduct. I mean logic would dictate they can’t all be lying. I wonder if all 22 women are masseuse. As of right now it’s looking like he has some kind massage fetish.

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

As JV said a few pages back, it puts his Mother's outburst about hos and getting him away from those girls in a completely new light. It also hints that this isn't just something that has appeared completely out of left field. Put all that together there's a hell of a lot of smoke and something smouldering away somewhere underneath at the very least.

HomeoftheJets, abyzmul and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One of the real questions here is why Watson reached out to so many different women for massages?

As a pro athlete he definitely was in the cohort of people looking for regular massages. The question is why he didn't just find a few who were particularly good at relieving his pain and use them on a regular basis?

Twenty plus women recruited over Instagram over a period of a couple of years is a big red flag. That suggests that Watson was looking for something other than massage therapy out of the process.

The next question is whether he was coercive in his behavior towards these women once he had them in his place after they had traveled to give him a massage?

I made an offhand remark the other day about traveling masseuses all being hookers and that was inappropriate. I could see maybe even the majority of women who perform traveling massage services being legitimate masseuses. Clearly there are going to be people in there who expect that sex is involved but the assumption should be that most do not expect that.

HomeoftheJets, JetBlue and patleahy like this.
  10. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Well-said, Br4d. Well said. :)

11. Ralebird

UnhappyJetsFan says Buzbee is a "top tier" lawyer in Houston. My Houston source, who is himself what most would call a top tier lawyer but without the mansion, had this to say about Buzbee: "Buzbee is a total dick, but he's banked a lot of coin." When I asked if that was just skin deep the reply was "Through and through. He ran for mayor and lost. Had his house trashed by a hooker a couple of years ago." My source also sent a link:

2 Andy Warhol art pieces destroyed by allegedly drunken first date at attorney Tony Buzbee's home (chron.com)

That appears to be behind a paywall so here's a few more:

Date hid in Tony Buzbee's house and ruined art, police say (mercurynews.com)

Woman tore paintings off wall, threw sculptures in Houston mansion: report | Crime/Police | nola.com

A Woman Allegedly Got Drunk On A First Date And Destroyed Her Date's Fine Art, Including Two Warhol Paintings (buzzfeednews.com)

This should be an interesting duel.

12. TonyFtLaud

He came close to winning the race for Mayor. Lost in a runoff.
    I have heard about the date. , don't think that discredits him in any way. Just think what alot of men would have done to her.
    I know he has pulled other publicity stunts though. Most recently he spent the night on the street during the storm that caused the power outage to draw attention to the plight of the homeless, next morning he checked into a luxury hotel..He was blasted for that.
    He posted billboards to try to get the Texans to draft Manziel.
    The thing that's puzzles me is why the women are seeking the minimum amount allowed by the court.

13. Br4d

Really good question.

14. Ralebird

Think what a lot of men would have done to her? What does that mean? Are you giving him accolades for not beating the crap out of her? This wasn't a date set up by his aunt Margaret - he appears to have hired a hooker and to have had a dispute with her, quite possibly fueled by alcohol and/or illicit substances. That doesn't discredit him at all? It might at least cause his judgement to be examined. I didn't listen to a half hour of a lawyer making statements for his clients but I'll bet he didn't say he was taking the case pro bono; he's got something up his sleeve with the $500 claims. Perhaps that is something done to allow a jury to up the ante while attempting to not look like a mercenary. Appearances seem to be very high on his protocols as you pointed out with the stunt during the storms.

It's all kind of irrelevant - UnhappyJetsFan, a lawyer in Houston, said Buzbee's not an ambulance chaser - that doesn't make him a good guy. Another lawyer in Houston who I have known for a long time said he's a dick "through and through." I'll go with the opinion of the guy I know - who has been high on the legal totem pole there for decades and knows all the players in town, especially the guy who is defending Watson, who may very well be the best lawyer in the state and a very decent human being.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

watson is proper fucked

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, he is screwed. The latest accusation is really damning. According to that accuser, she came there to give a massage and a regular anal, but was coerced into felcher. Deshaun is finished.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That’ll never fly in court. Even the biggest prude knows that when you accept anal felching goes with it.

18. Br4d

Wait I'm confused?#&!

Was Watson the one who took or gave and if he gave do they really make straws that long?

JetBlue likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't know. Rumor has it he used plastic straw for that too, not one of these biodegradable ones. Jury will not be very sympathetic to that.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

None of this really matters in the grand scheme of things. Being a good guy and a good lawyer are two different things.

I've seen that he has an outlandish personality but nothing that suggests he's unethical when it comes to his job.

TonyFtLaud and JetBlue like this.