Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I say let the players have at it. I'd rather see a product where the world's greatest athletes have all the power than what we see now - consolidating it with 32 douchebag billionaires, most of which are living off inheritance anyway!

-

besides we root for the New York team. We should want that more than anyone. Buffalo or Cincinnati, yeah of course they want to see a league where players are stuck playing in their shitty cities with no leverage

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Interesting take on Caserio not being the right guy to handle this. I think Caserio knows and everyone in the league knows he has to trade him and he’s digging his heals in to drive up the price to get a better price for Watson. The key point in that clip is that Houston isn’t a good destination right now for free agents and that they need to build through the draft. I think this is a very good point that also everyone in the league knows.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Brady/the Patriots are an anomaly, they're not indicative of what's usually the case. You can't use by far the most successful QB/dynasty of all time as your baseline expectation. The NFL is designed to maximize parity. Teams that do poorly almost always pick highly, teams that do well almost always pick near the back.

There's a reason "any given Sunday" is a phrase. In the NBA the better team almost always wins a playoff series against an inferior team. There's way less room for randomness over an 82 game season and 7 game series in the playoffs.

4. BrowningNagle

"any given Sunday" is a cliche. It's false. The NFL has little parity. You'd think you would've figured that out by now as we are pretty well lined up for our 11th straight season with no playoffs. (didn't have to use Brady that time :()

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, it will hurt, no doubt, but it would only be a one-year gap. Besides, he can watch film at home. Yes, he loses some career momentum, and will undoubtedly have rust. He will be heavily fined if it comes to that, but I don't it will. I think McNair will come to his senses if for no other reason than Caserio and the new HC say that they need help NOW, that Watson has made it clear that he will never play another down for them, and they need to move on.

LAJet likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Only five times has a team lower than the three seed made the NBA Finals since 1984. Only the 94-95 Rockets won and that was during Jordan's hiatus. Only five 8 seeds in NBA history have won a first round playoff series and the last time it happened was 2012.

Only four teams have made the finals in the past five NBA seasons. How exactly is that parity?

Rockinz, bicketybam and REVISion like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

Seeding in the same regular season is your argument? Of course. They play 82 games in the NBA. I should hope the teams that were good in that marathon stretch are the ones that win in the playoffs.

The NFL is not some beacon of great parity, the same teams are always good year after year. Again probably because a fanbase in the greatest city in the world has to rely solely on an idiot like Woody Johnson, example 1A as to why the NFL sucks.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

]
    At least four different teams have made the playoffs every year in the NFL since 1990. That's reflective of regular season parity.

I don't really understand what your point is. Good teams lose to bad teams in all sports. The idea of parity is that there is an opportunity for all teams to become playoff teams or achieve playoff success. That's relatively untrue in the NBA and even more so in the recent shift that occurred in the 2009 free agency period when super teams were born.

REVISion likes this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Supposedly he tweeted DW wanted out a week before Schefty and the others had it.

10. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

I only believe sources that support the possibility of the Jets getting Watson. This guy clearly knows what he's talking about.

K'OB, BrowningNagle and Snatch Catch like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Houston wants Zach Wilson, there's only one team they can trade Watson to.

Footballgod214 and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

[​IMG]

My dumbass was thinking damn he must be reliable, he looks just like Douglas in his Twitter pic.

13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

The separation between Wilson and Fields definitely helps our cause and makes it harder for the phins. Love it

chad2coles and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

There's zero chance a nobody on Twitter like this has breaking inside info from both an all-Pro QB playing for a team in Houston, and the front office of a team in NYC.

But I totally believe him because he's telling me what I want to hear.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

"In the process of building a package?" The fuck does that even mean? If they were even considering this at any point they would have already identified different combinations of draft picks and/or players that they were planning of making offers with in the initial stage. This guy makes it sound like they're playing Minecraft.

Now that I said that, they'll probably trade for him tomorrow.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You didn't get a call? They identified their plan to me and I gave them the go ahead. Your power must be declining Dude.

17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

18. BrowningNagle

The Jets keep clearly cap room... hmmm makes you think

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I know for me it goes back at least 6 years in the Ray Rice thread when he said it was ok for a man to beat a woman. And then Gunther showed up to pick up the torch before he jumped into men being butt raped.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

WTF :eek: