Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

But what about the rest of the team? In reverse logic we can massively upgrade every other spot and keep darnold. Not that i want that.

We need a team, not just a QB.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

azhar80 likes this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Didn't see that as part of the potential trade scenarios.

Baumeister, abyzmul and Lon Chaney like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yet you keep replying......

Im not trying to be nice to people like you on this board anymore.

You want to disagree fine, but prove me wrong.

Ive been on this site for years and ive seen many come and go, so its nothing to me to have a few butt hurt people on here. I could care less.

Just stupid opinions with no substance to back it. And youre entitled to that, but again show me im wrong.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I agree.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

While there are various levels of pain to potential Watson deals in terms of how much maneuverability they'd allow to craft the rest of the team going forward, I'm of the minority opinion that it'd be very difficult to get butt-fucked on a Watson deal period, especially with the capital built up from the Adams trade.

Ralebird, NOVAJET and K'OB like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I wouldn't want to be putting Q in the mix, 4 firsts would be the absolute max for me and even then I am uneasy but we both know that JD is a hard negotiator and he will not screw us over that way.

Bring out the welcome back Sam banners :rolleyes:

Snatch Catch likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That first scenario proposed by McClain would be like getting sneak-holed by Dongzilla.

Snatch Catch and K'OB like this.
  8. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Here are the points you've tried to make:

"He does need stud wr. He lost that and he was not able to win games like he did previously."
    Watson lead the league in passing yards and was 2nd to last in interceptions. The passing game was the only part of the team that worked, despite their terrible o-line.

"Then wow, were right back here in 3 years or so. Build thru the draft. Seriously, thats how NE has stayed relevant for so long. Recently they havent drafted as well and their vets are getting old and its showing."
    The Pats stayed relevant because they had Tom Brady. The Jets literally drafted a QB 3 years ago and are now looking for another QB.

"Actually im saying as good as he is when they took the talent away he struggled to win games. Meaning, why gut the resources we have to bring him here only to have to rebuild again and him be in the same situation....its not that he sucks, its obvious that he lost weapons, so whats the point of bringing him here?"
    Watson didn't struggle last year and the Texans didn't struggle because Hopkins was traded. They struggled because they have a terrible o-line and defense. The Jets have the players, draft picks, and cap room to build a contender around Watson.

"He needs quality recievers to truly shine. He can work with bad ones but he needs big fast recieviers to play to his down the field strength....which hes very good at. Making him dink and dunk underneath is not his strong suit. Hes not bad at it but he is very good at chunk plays."
    He has the highest completion percentage all time. Ever. He had the most passing yards in the league last year and only 7 interceptions after they traded away a top 5 receiver.

"Youre relying on 2 and 3 round picks to shine if you trade for him, so how else would you increase the talent....FA. then youre paying big money for FA that probably dont deserve it, or passing and paying for scrubs....so then we suck and either he is ready to leave again or your in rebuild in a few years....yes lightning in a bottle."
    If the Jets are able to spread out the picks they send to the Texans, they will have a pick in every round of the next 2 drafts. They will have the most cap space in the league after cuts and there will be more free agent talent available than almost any other year because of the lowered salary cap.

"Yes he needs top recievers, why because our defense is bad, our running game is bad and mediocre recievers didnt win them a lot of games....when was he most successful? When he had a top WR.
    Why was that, because the talent of the recievers does matrer too."
    They had a top passing offense without Hopkins. The receivers weren't the issue. It was o-line, defense, and most importantly, a midseason coaching change.

#748 chad2coles, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  9. K'OB

It's I couldn't care less as that is what you want to convey, I could care less just means meh you could care a little bit less than now and not what you want to convey at all.

Also, if you think Watson has limitations then what is the point in even trying to discuss anything with you about it?

In every 'argument' with other members, you just go on and on and on, changing bits and pieces and dragging the conversation away from what it began as, see our discussion today for the perfect example of it.

I handed you Watson's stats and that is all the proof you needed but then you change tack and start going on about the haul we would have to pay to get him, which and let's be honest here, had nothing to do with the discussion in the slightest.

So what is there to prove to you?

Watson is bordering on top 5 but you say he has limitations lol

4. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
    Season: 16 GP | 301.4 YPG (2nd) | 70.2% (3rd) | 7.3 avg CAY (T-3rd) | 6.1 TD% (10th) | 1.3 INT% (4th) | 30.13 OVM (2nd) | 444 rush yards (5th) | 3 rush TDs (T-9th)

Deshaun Watson just put together a season for the ages, statistically. He recorded career highs in passing yards (4,823), passing touchdowns (33), completion percentage (70.2), and yards per attempt (8.9). His seven interceptions are also the fewest he’s thrown in a single season. That includes his rookie year, where he appeared in just seven games.

It’s easy to see why he’s the only non-playoff passer within the top-five of our 2020 QB power rankings. That’s precisely why newly hired general manager Nick Caserio has every intention of keeping him in Houston. Nevertheless, it’s a strong task considering how badly Watson wants out.

LIMITATIONS

NCJetsfan and chad2coles like this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

"You are what your record says you are"

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The 2008 Tennessee Titans were 13-3 with Kerry Collins at QB. That team was legendary.

12. K'OB

I actually like you but just fuck off with that shit man, it is utterly ridiculous and you can't actually believe it, so it is pointless to say it just to be the sites biggest wum and I tell you what, you have had some stern competition tonight and to be the winner of that battle, just goes to show you how dumb those two posts have been.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He had limitations, he couldn't win more than 4 games on a talent starved roster. They only averaged 24 points a game and someway, somehow you delusionsly and stupidly think hes gonna come here and win more? Take this team with less talent to a SB? While magically staying under the cap and adding top talent while simultaneously trading draft picks?

Didnt we see this before? Wheres Mike T?

Hes not good enough to lead a better Houston team to 500, so obviously needs help.

He doesnt suck, but hes not worth a ransom either.

Hell im not even calling him kirk cousins who i already had this argument about.

If we had a solid roster, thatd be one thing but we dont. You just post some stats in a bubble and youre ignoring everything else. For all those passing yards that team was 16th in points, he got no help from his running game so thats almost all him.

Hell the Falcons and Cowboys put up higher points. Dallas lost their starting QB!!!!!

Which is my point exactly, a very very linited Andy Dalton helped secured more points because that team has better talent than both the Texans and the Jets

Yesssssss his limits were shown. Cool throw for 5000 yards but yarda dont win games.

14. K'OB

On that thought, it would be better than 4 1st round picks lol

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I know way more about him than you do. I dont just look at a handful of stats and ignore everything else.

Obviously you do because if you actually looked up those Pats teams they never won a super bowl without a top defense. Thats how they stayed relevant.

Which youre still missing the point. The jets need talent, you dont sacrifice picks when you have no talent. Spreading them out doesnt matter, this team needs every pick it can hit on. Bringing watson here without that, is pointless.

16. K'OB

What an absolute pile of horse shit lol

I will highlight the biggest laughs.

I bolded and enlarged the best, just where did I ever say that? So you stupidly and delusional made that up you obnoxious bore, proving the point that you just sidetrack all discussion away from the starting line.

But I will play for the last time.

You don't think that if JD signs Watson that he isn't going to delusionally and stupidly improve this current roster into something better by using our cap space in FA and drafting or at least attempting to draft some much needed players.

The other guy Sam explained most of the reasons why they lost, but I guess that proof passed you by as well and I am not repeating it, I have repeated myself far too much and frankly have wasted plenty of my time as it is.

It is hard to believe somebody has beaten you out for the days biggest Wummer, I know it's unfuckingbelievable but it is true all the same.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I used to think you had a brain but its clear you dont. You are ignoring reality, like hard. What moves do you think are going ti drastically improve this team that arent thru the draft?

Do you understand the cap?

Do you understand thay FA have to want to come here? You think theyre gonna run here because of Watson? Player's weren't running to Houston to do that.

Youre repeating yourself because you dont have any actually evidence to counter what i said. So you think if you keep saying the same thing over and over it makes it true.....it does not.

Like seriously yes were under the cap then we inherit Watson's contract....theres a good chunk of that gone. Then we sign another FA....probably to put this roater over, its gonna be a lot. Less cap, this snowballs and then next thing we know, were in cap hell. Not to mention the frnachise tag on Maye, and hia subsequent contract.

This isnt Madden. You can argue with other people by doing what youre doing but that stupid shit doesnt work on me. I said hes good, i said i like him, but he is not good for this team no matter how much you jerk of to his tds and yards

That team still did not manage more than 24 pts a game.

Whats youre counter to that? Lets start there.

18. K'OB

Do you realise what a wanker you're making yourself look like?

How many people do you need to argue with in one day, one week.

After reading your latest post I have decided to give up with the Jets because there is nothing we can do to improve us.

We can't trade for a top 5 QB because limitations aside, we now can't afford him.

We don't want to keep Sam.

I honestly can't remember if you have hung your hat on a rookie QB but let's just say they are all shit anyway.

Besides if we did get lucky we would only have to pay him too money at some point in the future and we can't do that.

As for the repeating yourself comment, which one are you, the pot or the kettle?

You have done nothing but bore us all night with the same patter.

Like I said from the off and my god I am mad at myself for being drawn in, I have no wish to argue with you and the reason why is evident to anybody with eyes and the ability to read.

You're never wrong, always right, there is nothing you're not an expert on.

When do you take up a GM role?

I'm outta here.

19. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

The reason the Pats were relevant is that they had the best coach of all time and the best qb of all time. They spent 1 2nd round pick on a QB in 15 years. The Jets spent 2 1sts and 7 2nds on qbs and got bottom of the league production.

The Jets need talent, and Watson is a 25 year old top 3 talent at the most important position in football. He's got the highest all time completion percentage and 2nd highest all time qb rating behind terrible offensive lines. #2, #34, '22 1st and '23 1st won't result in players that are more valuable than Watson, and his cap hits would be less than every starting QB that signs a new deal between now and the end of his contract. The Jets will still have 1st round picks and cap space to build around Watson.

Bellys Lies and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just trying to give a different perspective in reaction to the "Whatever it takes to get Watson".

Yes, Watson has much better stats than any QB we've ever had. But if he can't put his team on his back and WIN GAMES, is he truly a FQB worthy of "Whatever it takes"? Or will we still need an above avg team? If it's the later, than trading away the farm for Watson will become a colossal disappointment.

Cman68 and zace like this.