Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It just blows my mind that you drafted a QB because of his strong arm and ability to make big plays. You have a young WR who has shown ability to make big plays downfield. It should be the combination you want.

Instead they keep the WR on the bench, rotate in 4 stumbling TEs all game for a strong dose of 2 yard passes, and tell the QB to "play boring"

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Everyone preached for a staff that holds players accountable and now cry when one can’t get on the field that obviously hasn’t earned it.

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’m not upset if that is truly the case, I just don’t want to see a good prospect (in my eyes) go to waste. I hope it’s more about pushing Mims than the coaching staff just not liking him for their system and/or something personal

Its a big difference

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Moore is faster than Mims and by all accounts does everything else a WR needs to do better than Mims.

Why should Mims see the field again? Davis is a better #1 than Mims, Moore is a better deep threat (+better at route running, YAC etc) and Crowder and Berrios are both better slot guys.

Also - did you really compare yards per touch between a WR and a RB?

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

the comparison between WR and RB was made by Vilma so I was operating under his comparison.

Moore hasnt showed to be better than Mims at all. He has been unreliable but even if he is good, God forbid a football team actually have 2 good WRs, am I right? crazzzy

Arizona has 2 hall of famers at WR but they somehow find a way to get raw rookie Rondale Moore on the field because they have the ability to see its better to have talent actually active for games then not. They are 4-0 and no.1 offense. Our Jets dead last in offense and don't need Denzel Mims.

#825 BrowningNagle, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    blackssmagic likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

GAC duds itt.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The bold is so devoid of reason and draws some sort of obscure conclusion as to the offense being that much better with Denzel Mims on the field.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

well it’s not a stretch to assume the offense would be better than dead last if Mims was out there trying to catch passes instead of fuckin rumbling, bumbling, stumbling Ryan Griffin.

The offense is last in the league. It’s fair to wonder why, and consider alternatives

9. REVISion

Replacing Griffin with Mims wouldn't be a free lunch lol. TE's do things other than catch passes.

How's our protection of Wilson been overall this year? Atrocious, right? Does it make sense to get rid of the best non-OL blocking position there is on offense?

FJF likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

If hes going out for passes so much hes obviously not blocking on those plays. not to mention the heavy usage of 2 TE sets

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm done with the entire Mims soap opera. LeFleur can play him or not play him. Use him as a decoy just to shut up the fans. It doesn't matter since JD won't trade him and the CS won't play him. Too bad his entire 2nd year in the pros will be a waste but oh well, that's the way it is. Some guys get drafted by teams who find a way to utilize them and some don't. Luck of the draw. The upside is that Mims won't get injured except maybe a splinter or two in his ass.

Moving on...

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

cole, crowder, and berrios are all FAs after this season. we likely don't bring them all back. mims may just need more time to develop. moore and cole both ran in the 4.3s not like we are missing speed. cole had a huge 50+ yard catch last week and a great sideline catch and finished with 3 catches for 90+ yards. davis is our WR1 and crowder moved the chains with 7 catches for 61 yards. plus moore will be back soon. the WR room is crowded and mims isn't earning a spot yet. why is that such an issue?

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Darksider wants to darkside :D

FJF likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think it’s just a matter of player having a tough time adjusting to the new scheme. Let me ask you this, if Saleh and Lafleur were CS under Joe’s first draft, do you think Mims would have been drafted by Jets?

I don’t believe they would have, however since they have him, I don’t see any need to rush him if he’s having a tough time. Let him learn the scheme and minimize the amount of mistakes he will be prone to by bringing him along slowly.

#834 Red Menace, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    FJF likes this.
  15. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Easy, not drafting him. Maybe not trading down either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJF and Red Menace like this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, however there is no need to discard him at this point. Bring him along slowly.

blackssmagic, FJF and Sack exchange like this.
  17. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Funny, how’s that trade down worked out? Everybody loved at the time, but as of today does not look very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And maybe moving up to secure v Jefferson.

blackssmagic and Red Menace like this.
  19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

20. REVISion

Trade incoming?

BacktoQueens and abyzmul like this.