Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I have said for ages Berrios could well be the same for the Jets as Beasley for the Bills and his Cowboy days, he is not a star WR but he has put up 5k yards despite never going over 1k in a season, though close a couple of times, he has 33 TD's as well.

A little tough guy who finds the space to make himself available for his QB, the check-down king maybe so but a rookie QB could do worse than have a guy like that around.

But yes he isn't really a deep threat but this leads to the question of why did we sign so many slot receivers?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Never understood all the hate for Berrios either. If he's on the same page as the quarterback as far as reading the leverage of the inside defender, he's athletic enough to be a good slot receiver.

Elijah Moore has more speed and leaping/playmaking ability than the typical Berrios/Crowder slot receiver so he shouldn't get thrown into that basket. Think Randall Cobb or Jeremy Maclin.

K'OB and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Guys we have a QB who love to throw down the field and so far we’re throwing to three guys barely. 6’0 half time the lol. Moore, Berrios, and Smith (6’1)

LaFleur is already pretty much a disaster at OC. Hopefully he can change it around.

King Koopa likes this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He knows the slot very well and runs good routes.

here’s a nugget about Mims, maybe he’s active this week?

Robert Saleh called him a "game-time decision" for this week in Denver, but spoke highly of the 2020 second-round pick.

"I’m pumped for Denzel and the week he’s had," he told reporters on Friday. "Obviously, he’s growing just like the rest of the team is. So we’ll see on Sunday."

5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

And I think we all agree, that type of receiver is needed in this system and has value.

However, we have 3 guys that ARE that type of receiver and all will flourish in that role. Why we carry 3 of them on game day boggles the mind.

Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend

b.reyes16 likes this.
  6. K'OB

It may be best if you phone Saleh up and get it first hand, he isn't in the starting lineup for a reason and that reason is only known by the CS and himself, probably some other players also tbh.

It just pisses me off having to keep reading post slag off a guy that is giving his best but seemingly not enough for some.

Berrios isn't keeping Mims out of the team anyway.

7. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

In other words…. No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REVISion and Cman68 like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!! Right. That statement proves that you've never watched video of Mims and don't have the foggiest notion what you're talking about.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol that's rich coming from you, bud.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

why all the berrios hate? if anything it's jeff smith taking his spot on the active roster. berrios is our primary returner and a reliable chain mover. mims isn't taking him off the active roster

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wow..at least DM is "game time decision" ..so it's desperate for a win time as it has ever been for this CS

They will unfortunately look worse and worse to GM and ownership without their first win imo

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There's very little pressure to win this year. The CS had an automatic mulligan coming in as JD is still in rebuild mode. They could go 1-16 and it wouldn't be a problem in 2021. Ownership is very PR conscious and would look more foolish and amateurish than ever if they came out with a "win mandate". JD's talent evaluation still appears to be improving but is a work in progress. His luck with injuries however is horrific.

In short, we're stuck with what we're seeing this year and can only hope for modest improvement next year. Hope is always in short supply in JetLand. Its only been a decade since our last PO appearance so there's really no rush. This FO/CS has all the time they need to finally put a relevant team on the field. 2025 -> 2030 sounds about right. Time is their friend...

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well that sucks..so why bother watching?

I get the front Office not publicly saying Saleh has to win this year but I also don't get it!

IMO any decent ownership should NEVER encourage a new or old Coaching Staff to cruise the Season away

But of course this Organization has a history of not demanding anything ...not the way I would be doing things

That's why my second favorite Team is the Raiders>>>> "A Commitment to Excellence" Remember that??

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Cman68

We're fans.. That's why we watch. The trick is to NOT EXPECT anything at all. that way, anything you get is a bonus. The bar is so low at this point that its a line in the sand. Just easier to step over than not. I'm a Raider fan too and that's why I would love to see Mims out there instead of here. Again, don't expect anything for at least another 3-5 years. I honestly think JD will well into this second contract before anything resembling a SB contender wearing Jet Green appears on the field.

Again, don't expect anything and the Jets will not disappoint you.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. K'OB

Splutters :eek:

Centiment likes this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

My gosh I hope that’s not true, I’m always hopeful. I don’t have it in me to watch another 5 years of bad football. I’m not going to stop being a Jets fan but I will stop watching.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Cman68

Yep.. I like the Vegas Raiders..

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Just read that the coaching staff still very much believes in Mims. So much so they have denied trade offers for him.

FJF likes this.
  19. K'OB

Tut tut a two team c*nt as we like to say over here lol

I certainly wish I'd had the foresight to choose two teams 38 years ago :(

#559 K'OB, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Cman68 likes this.
  20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Saleh is not a dumb coach. I am going to trust him with Mims. I would like to see him play as much as anyone but whenever they say he s ready and activated, I sure hope he shines and move on.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.