Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What do you mean for the likes of?

What has Berrios done to piss people off, guy keeps getting open and making catches and plays off the few scraps he is allowed, people prefer to dog him while he is putting 100% effort in, in favour of a guy who has been here one season and not exactly ripped up trees.

I am not dogging Mims either, I wish he would just learn his playbook or whatever else is the problem and then we can get him on the field.

7/73 11 targets and 5/51 off 7 last week.

Yup, let's dog Berrios for some reason.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

So far, offensive CS has indeed been terrible, there is no doubt there. I would like to see if Mims can make a difference. He got 3 plays last week, and positively impacted the game. Zach likes tall targets, and the guy is tall and fast, very good with 50/50 balls. Mike may be stubborn to make him learn full play book, but it's not like he is shining with his performance as OC either.

BrooklynJetsFan and King Koopa like this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Imagine if Mims was out there today instead of Berrios Smith or Cole? Wilson might’ve thrown 8 picks

Jets69 likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s a special teamer, backup slot who does his job and that’s about where it ends. Not one team or DB in the league is scared one bit of the guy.

Nothing wrong with that, but he shouldn’t be getting starter type reps for a team trying to actually do good things on offense.

just being honest here, I have nothing against him

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Sure they said the same about Chrebet once upon a time, now I am not saying Berrios could match that production but he hasn't done anything wrong for this team.

I just don't like it tbh, the guy is 100% effort, making the most of what he has, maybe if others had the work ethic and desire they would be in the team.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

How did this turn into a Berrios hate thread lol. He’s a solid slot WR.

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

There's no reason to rag on Berrios at all. The guy has been productive, both on offense and as our PR and KR guy. We certainly could, and have, done much worse at the WR position.

RochesterJet, Mogriffjr and K'OB like this.
  8. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Starting to believe Mims is stupid, has an attitude, or both.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Just seems like the depth chart just isn’t working for him. And he’s not necessarily on specials (aside occasionally a gunner) once you get to the bottom of the roster. Berrios basically was the slot this week, Moore on the outside with Davis. Cole and Jeff Smith were others but both play specials.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You keep repeating the same thing, but you don't know what he does and doesn't know. He doesn't have to know the entire playbook to play and execue 5-6 different plays, he only has to know the responsibilities for each of the WR spots on those plays. One of the things about this offense is that out of one alignment, they can run or pass, or possibly run several different plays, so they wouldn't be predictable.

11. NCJetsfan

Yeah, why do something to help a very talented player develop and that could possibly help your team play better, or maybe even win? What was I thinking? Just because other teams who have experiened smarter HCs and OCs do things like that, doesnt' mean that we should do them.

Borat likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Truthfully dude, I'm done arguing this point. I believe what I believe about Mims and the reports of his inability to learn the playbook. I don't blame the coaching staff for not playing him.

Mims is the least of my worries and not somehting to continue arguing over.

13. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If you watched Saleh’s press conference, he seemed to imply Mims is lazy. Oh well

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe he's just simply not a very talented player? His combine attributes are nice, but his play on the field at Baylor indicated he was very much a one trick point. When he "high pointed" the ball he let it stick to his chest. He wasn't out there Randy Mossing everyone.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Got the same feeling from what he was saying. That or he just hasn't picked up enough to warrant a 4 or 5 slot.

16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

lol

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm a sucker for Brett Kollmann's videos, so that's how I bought into Mims.

Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

That's not what he has said in two previous press conferences. He complimented Mims on his hard work, and just last Friday said that he had had his best practice ever.

19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

It was implied all off-season that this version of the Shannahan offense was predicated on the quick passing game, yet we have a downfield gunslinger at QB and a downfield playmaker on the bench. There's a disconnect somewhere.

20. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Only makes sense if Mims does get released that he ends up in Carolina. He prolly will pickup their playbook pretty easily...