Denzel Ain't Happy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Aug 25, 2022.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Oh, we do? So Super Bowl this year?

2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Just was bad pick and scheme for him and he didn’t want to work hard early on, then got behind way too much sadly it’s def time

dmw likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Trade him. He deserves a chance somewhere else. Maybe JD will work his magic and make a great trade again.

4. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Player for player deals in the NFL are rare but I'd prefer a player who can actually help us this year rather than a 5th or worse in 2023. We can definitely use some depth on the OL.

It seems Teven Jenkins, who was on the trade block, is in the running for the starting RG spot w/ the Bears.

What about Alex Leatherwood? Raiders are giving up on him and could use a WR behind Adams and Renfroe. Keelan Cole and Mack Hollins are JAG's.

PJ4Ever and Acad23 like this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Devil's advocate.
    Mims goes to another team and becomes a 1000+ Yard receiver,
    Who do you think was at fault?

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Coaching staff

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Definitely the fans that didn't believe in him.

Hemi, Not Sure, Royal Tee and 2 others like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cut down day is Tuesday, if you’re trading him for a pick it’s best to do it by Tuesday.

Noam likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Gase for sucking and getting fired

Royal Tee and Noam like this.
  10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Praying for 2nd round picks in 2023, 24, and 25 plus a 1st and 3rd in 2025 :D (joking of course. Just saying the Browns are about the dumbest franchise in the NFL).

K'OB likes this.
  11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Everyone

BrowningNagle and Royal Tee like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think you are greatly underestimating Browns. Browns have a QB of the future now, a top 5 QB in NFL, a major upgrade over Baker. Yes he will miss 11 games, but the guy is 26 years old and will be there for years to come. And they were play off caliber before this. They also got Amari Cooper for 6th round pick and resigned Clowney. These are not Browns of the past I am afraid. They will be force to be reckoned with for years to come with Deshawn there now.

13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Saleh/LaFleur

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

To fairly answer the question, if that happened you'd have to say the main fault was with the coaching staff. But I think it's extremely unlikely. His problem seems to be one of focus and that isn't an easy one to fix. If I had to bet, I would say he disappears into obscurity wherever he goes.

The only thing I would say in his favour is that it did appear that he got in the coaches' doghouse and was never let out. I really did not like that crap about expecting him to learn every receiver position before they would give him time at any spot. It seemed to completely stunt his development and he did show promise at times.

Royal Tee and PJ4Ever like this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Mims sucks under Gase also.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

No he didn’t. Very solid rookie year

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Solid year - but also not the one where you are sure you have a great player. People say he doesn't fit the scheme with MiLF, but I disagree. Whenever Mims tries, he puts together decent results. Look at the difference at this training camp vs last year's one. Last year he didn't even learn the play book. This year he looks looks like a solid guy even under MiLF. With all that said, whether he can actually break out or not is still a question mark, and I think it is more on Mims than on the scheme. Our scheme can use a big athletic guy like him - Davis seems to have done OK, if he didn't drop so many balls.

If you look in the draft, you can get guys like like Mims in the first/second round, who have good athleticism and good college players. Beyond that it's hard to find. Mims has not yet busted out, so I think a 4th round pick is fair: not the second rounder, where you can still get a guy like this in the draft, but also not the end of the draft, where you take complete crap shoots.

PJ4Ever and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Besides the fact player for player trades are rare, they certainly don't need another WR that hasn't show he can produce as well as having injury concerns

FJF likes this.
  19. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I'm going to hold off ordering that Mims jersey I've been eyeballing.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You are assuming Watson will stay out of trouble. Someone that still claims innocence after everything that has happened is likely to do something else. Yes, I realize he wasn't indicted and they'll say he just made deals with his accusers to put it behind him but there was at least something to all the reports and he will not accept any blame.

With the current contracts they are $32M over the cap for next season right now. I realize how the cap can be manipulated but the further over they are the harder to manipulate.

And by the time his suspension is up he'll not have played a regular season game in just under 2 years. I would hold off on calling him a top 5 QB until he actually throws another pass in a game.