Denzel Ain't Happy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Aug 25, 2022.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Get back to me when that happens.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He drops passes and commits a penalty for every catch he does make. Mims is the problem, not the staff. I’d be stunned if we get more than a 6th for him.

BacktoQueens, FJF and Nyjets4eva like this.
  4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Lots of teams are thin at WR he’s a second round pick who might just need a change of plans I don’t see a 4th being a stretch and JD has gotten more from weaker players

BradysTornACL likes this.
  5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If the Jets get better than one 5th round pick or Mims, then it's a really good deal. I didn't think JD could get one 1st round pick for Jamal Adams and he got TWO!! He's also made several other good trades as mentioned in other posts. Maybe he'll pull off another miracle with Mims. Let's hope.

Jojo likes this.
  6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i'll admit i'm a little sympathetic. for whatever reason i think he's gotten a bit of a bum rap here. I've seen him make some plays, sometimes when no one else seemed capable of doing it on our team.

i'd probably feel differently about the situation if i thought the FO and CS had proven themselves at drafting or developing skill positioned players but I'm not there yet. C.Davis has me saying meh, and before that they had that bust from Baltimore who is now barely hanging on in the league (though perhaps he's been cut too).

if he does leave i wish him the best, though i wish more best for Jets

SOJAZ, blackssmagic, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This is the kind of guy who will soar somewhere else and then a year or two down the road torch the Jets in a game that matters.

Jojo, SOJAZ, IIMeanDeanII and 2 others like this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They are not getting any draft capital for Mims. He went public teams will just wait till he's cut. That way he can negotiate a better contract also.

hornblower likes this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He probably slept with LaFleur's wife. I wish the best for Mims.

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This pick is from the JD era, we are not recycling Maccagnan trash this time. Its not going to be good business however this pans out.

#30 ConcordeChops, Aug 26, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  11. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Season 1- He made some good catches, but it looked like the secondary forgot about him on each catch. I mentioned he looked kind of slow and out of it. Got lambasted for saying it.

Season 2- He and was sick. Didn’t see much of him, but he started generating dumb penalties when he did play. But it was because he was sick earlier in the season….even though this was 8 or 9 weeks after he got better. Looked even more out of it.

Season 3- He made a couple of catches, in preseason, still committing dumb penalties.

Meh…..maybe, he’s not a good fit for us.

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I feel a bit guilty drawing conclusions from the tiny snippets we see of a player in video clips and preseason games, but some impressions are hard to shake. To me, he looks like a guy with all the tools, and when he really goes for it, he can be good. There were lots of reports from practices of him attacking the ball and snatching it out of the air. Then games come along and he's most often invisible, or giving away boneheaded penalties. He doesn't look like he is dialled in all the time.

I sincerely doubt he will amount to much anywhere else, but maybe a team with no receiver depth where he can be force-fed six or more targets per game might get some production out of him, and who knows if that might be enough to kickstart his career. But my overall impression is of a guy who will make the occasional good catch and disappear for the rest of the game.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He goes to waivers and his contract is assumed by the claiming team.

14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

He's not a fit for this system that requires precise route running and timing. He needs to be in a vertical offense to showcase his abilities.

Acad23, BrowningNagle and FJF like this.
  15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Any evidence that would support this theory?

Jojo, REVISion and bicketybam like this.
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Why? Not every pick works out. Sure it sucks but The smart move is to recoup any value at this point if Mims isn't in the plans going forward.

FJF likes this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Bobby Jones, Texaco State. :p

Lon Chaney likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mims has talent, I wish him well. Learning experience here, coach to the talent you have, not to the system you want

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rookie head coaches can only be so flexible.

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I agree with this philosophy…I think the best coaches, while they have a preferred system (like Parcells and his 3-4), but the best coaches seem to find the right roles for their players and maximize them…no one does that better than Belichick.

I get system, and when the GM and HC are aligned you get good results (and it does seem like JD and Saleh are on the same page based on the last two drafts), but a good coach should be able to tweak their system to maximize the talent on hand.

we’ll see if Saleh can do it.

but with Becton becoming an ongoing no show and now Mims halfway out the door, that first JD draft is looking more and more like a huge capital F…we basically got a punter and a soon to be CB3. Pretty brutal, even if you allow for the fact that those players were drafted for a different coach running a different system on both O and D. Thankfully his last two drafts appear to be much more promising but they need to prove it in games.

azhar80, SOJAZ, blackssmagic and 3 others like this.