Denard Robinson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jetfanmack, Jan 19, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

2. legler82

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/michigan/tag/_/name/denard-robinson

3. AJ Young

AJ Young New Member

From Down at the One:
    downattheone.com/NFL/NFL-Scouting-Combine-coverage-Big-Ten-Preview

Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
    Over the course of his four year career in Ann Arbor, Robinson was one of the most exciting players in college football. The Notre Dame Michigan game in 2011 under the floodlights of The Big House was one of the best games of the last decade and the star of the show was QB Denard Robinson. That’s right, he spent his four years at Michigan playing the quarterback position and will enter this year’s draft as a wide receiver having caught a total of 3 receptions during his illustrious college career. However, when I say played quarterback, I use that term loosely; he ran for a whopping 4495 yards and 42 touchdowns, including a mammoth 1702 yards in his sophomore year when he momentarily lead the Heisman race. He threw for 6250 yards but only completed 57.2% of his passes for 49 touchdowns and 39 interceptions. He struggled with his accuracy and decision making and ultimately doesn’t have the arm or stature to play quarterback at the next level, hence his transition to wide receiver. Given his prolific numbers on the ground it’s strange that he didn’t opt to play running back and will likely face an uphill struggle adapting to the wide receiver position at the next level. Nevertheless, his athletic ability will likely cause teams to kick the tires and take a look but it’s unlikely that he’ll be drafted before the fifth round. Positional drills at the Combine will be pivotal.

4. legler82

3 receptions compared to 723 carries. Hmm, why not running back?

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Pat Devlin all over again...

6. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

There will likely be a legitimate receiver in the third that can contribute considering how deep this class is. I'd rather them get someone like Stedman Bailey, bonus if they get Geno in the first.

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Watching him try to catch passes yesterday was painful.

8. legler82

9. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

10. legler82

Denard finally agrees!

11. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I totally agree. I think he's the next coming of Josh Cribbs. Great speed, extremely difficult to tackle in the open field due more to his power and speed than his elusiveness. Was a running QB in college. Just has a natural feel for open-field running. Would excel in the wildcat, on bubble screens, as a returner, etc. You would have to have an OC that is willing to make opportunities for him to contribute rather than shoehorning him into their idea of the offense. JMO.

12. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I think he's best suited for a scatback RB type, like Warrick Dunn was. I just don't think he'll ever be as polished a RB as Dunn was, but obviously the jury is out for a while on that. He apparently struggled with route-running at the various post-season events, so just handing him the ball may be the best way to take advantage of his athleticism.

13. legler82

2 starts 2 100 yard games! This GM thing is easy.