Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter because it broke no rules. That's it. End of argument. The rule needs to be fixed.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Fine, when those teams are caught cheating that can be punished, when they get caught repeatedly cheating that should be punished more heavily. If you are o.k. with cheating that is your choice, I would rather teams play on an even surface.

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

We don't know 100% if there was any tapes for the Rams walk through. I'm not saying they are and I'm not saying there is. There no way in hell the commissioner would want that out about the Super Bowl. It still makes no sense to why be burned those tapes unless he wanted to hide something. Ala Rams walk through tapes. I can't think of another reason why he would we all knew the taping was going on. Again I'm not saying there was just using common sense and my opinion.

4. Geno007

Dude just leave it alone. It was legal and people that say it never been done before so it illegal doesn't have a clue. It was just a smart play by who ever drew it up.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It's not only a $25,000 fine if it's a "huge violation". That's basically the minimum starting point, according to the Game Operations Manual.

"Once the balls have left the locker room, no one, including players, equipment managers, ball boys, and coaches, is allowed to alter the footballs in any way. If any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000."

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Because that's not the penalty. The penalty is a minimum of a $25,000 fine ...

"If any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000."

7. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

So WEEI yesterday was skewering the Patriots. Today, the talk is that this thing has started "moving the other way" with the refs. Not evidence of anything.... but they feel this is all going to get reversed next week.

Look... I'm not sure what happened... but it's plausible that they did nothing wrong. I realize most in here can't even wrap their brain around that. But I want to pose the question to those who can:

What if this all reverses?

8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This thread turned into two Cheatriot fans embarrassing themselves while the rest of the forum beat them like a pinata.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they call this wishful thinking. if you want something to happen a certain way it doesn't mean that it will.

either way there's plenty of forums for you to display your patriot wishful thinking with people who might give a shit

74 likes this.
  10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So then you won't get angry the minute someone on a boat comes to your forum to 'educate' your blind homer fans?

11. SteveGrogan

Hahaha fair enough.

12. Geno007

If it was "reverses" then hey shit happens. Some of the Pats fans I talk to off here thinks somebody on Pats sideline did something. Then they say o well we are still in SB. To be honest I would take that attitude also.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What if a 3 headed space alien that resembles a giant squid with machine guns for tentacles descends upon the earth and starts attacking the holy land? What then?

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Which is fair enough. I would say though that the fact that there were allegations previously indicates it was going on. An accusation and proof of guilt are not the same thing but take Bill Cosby for example: he probably did something with the amount of allegations.

15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me at all. Roger wants nothing more than for this to go away.
    In the end, I expect... After review, the play on the field is reversed. We at the NFL would like to apologize to the honorable Mr Kraft, Coach Belichik, Tom Brady and the entire patriot organization for ever questioning their integrity. All evidence and testimony will now be destroyed, we can put this matter to rest.

That's what I expect.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's amazing that all these assholes took this long to learn what Jets fans have known for about 15 years concerning Bellishit and the entire Patriots organization...even Parcells knew it in the mid 90s.

FlaJet likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they might cancel the Super Bowl

18. SteveGrogan

Belichick would sign it for league minimum

19. Geno007

Let me ask you a serious question? Do you think BB is that great of a coach? Or is he just along for the ride with Brady?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This one's easy: the NFL signs it up to do the Super Bowl halftime show and gets record ratings. The 3HSAGSwMGfT goes home with a nice 7 figure check and the earth becomes the go-to spot for marauding alien entertainers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.