Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Harbaugh has insisted since before the Super Bowl that the Ravens had no part in it.

2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

NFL dragging their ass on this...

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well they didn't ultimately lodge a complaint so it will be interesting to see what they said to Wells.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Bro, in March it will be 2 months.

5. benhamean

benhamean Member

Schefter's new take makes it sound like the NFL's Mike Kensil saw an opportunity to 'catch' NE doing something shady with the balls, only to later have it discovered that his own underling(s) were the ones introducing shady balls into the game (in order to steal the game-used, inspected ones).

This has the potential, if true, to be on a Keystone Cops level of incompetence and self-inflicted humiliation...for the NFL.

No wonder they are dragging their feet. This could be the final straw that gets Roger Goodell canned.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm a little slow so maybe you can help me out here.

How the fuck does this clown fucking up trying to take a ball for profit and getting fired get Goodell canned? Do you believe that nonsense somehow erases all the NE deflated footballs?

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not according to John Harbaugh. As recently as yesterday he stated that the Ravens have not talked to anyone about deflated footballs. I know I know, he's lying.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Why would the Ravens be part of Wells investigation? As of yesterday neither Belichick nor Brady had even been questioned.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It is possible that the Pats balls (with one exception) were indeed only slightly under 12.5 psi when checked at halftime. Since they don't keep track of what the balls weighed before the game, assuming they actually check the PSI at all, how can they prove that it wasn't just the atmosphere that put them under.

If the only thing the league can prove at this time is that an NFL employee was stealing game balls and trying to put other balls into play, it's not surprising they are slow playing this praying for some type of smoking gun.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The story I read was that Kensil was notified about this during this during the game. And wasn't looking to find something on the Patriots. He is NFL Administrator of Game Operations. And it's his fucking job to look into these matters. He's not on Kraft's payroll thank god.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So you're back to this AGAIN?!?

The league made a statement that one of the refs PERSONALLY gauged each ball. Every single one WITH a hand gauge.

Hey Lang, page 147 of this thread called, it wants its red herring back.

_

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No no no, the red herring is Kensil is really a Jets guy and has been scheming since the early 2000s to "get" the Pats.

Don't you have The Patriot Way Talking Points?

_

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

When you look at government and big organizations one thing sticks out: the little guy sometimes runs interference for the big cheeses. Sometimes they do it without direct orders they just know they have to do it. Plus there is the question of total loyalty to the organization which sometimes inspires questionable behavior. Some of these little shits are totally caught up in furthering the image and standing of the group they work for. The Patriots Way is a mindset and not a good mindset. It means everything takes a backseat to organizational goals. Especially ethics Mr. Holier than thou R. Kraft. Tell that to your dead wife, you fuck!

14. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

You seem a little upset about this. You mad, bro?

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

That was the best line ever from one asshole (Sherman) to another (Brady).

16. benhamean

benhamean Member

I heard that, too. I was not supporting the 'sting' theory that I quoted earlier.
    During the game, Kensil got the call about suspect balls. He went to check it out. A flood of unsubstantiated reporting, DEFLATEGATE mania and a plethora of leaks quickly ensued and continues to this day. And now it is likely that the origination of the suspicion was because one of Kensil's guys was swiping game balls and replacing them with unregulated ones.

Dude should be fired, if this is true.

Hilarious!

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

As for Kensil he has Jets ties but then again so does Belichick. His father was GM of the Jets in the eighties and he later also worked for the Jets. Not sure why the separation but he's been away from the Jets for almost ten years. I don't know if he has any lingering loyalty to the Jets but I'm sure he's been around enough to at least be suspicious of NEP. Based on your logic if you don't have video tape evidence of someone deflating the balls no case. Which is like saying if you don't have a tape of Aaron Hernandez actually pulling the trigger on Odin Lloyd he's innocent. Which is stupid bullshit and not the way things operate in the real world.

#4317 pclfan, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  18. benhamean

benhamean Member

The League guy in charge of the balls was FIRED. Because he was doing shady things.
    Therefore, The League cannot be trusted to tell the truth about this matter because what The League says is likely The League guy swiping the balls (for charity auctions- ha!) and covering his ass.

19. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I don't want to change the topic to Brady...isn't there a thread about the greatest QB of all time?

In all seriousness, I don't think the recent news has many implications on the deflategate portion of the investigation, other than a loss of credibility for the NFL. I don't think they had much credibility to begin with, but I do love hearing people like you saying, "If the Patriots aren't found guilty, the NFL screwed up". If that's the mentality, you aren't looking for justice, you are looking for a result. As a Patriots fan I don't think it's impossible that they cheated and it's fairly disappointing when people like you, who have been fairly open minded, change their opinion when the tide starts to shift to a result that goes against their desires.

Talking points are talking points, and people will "believe" what they want to believe regardless of the investigation. But to show your belief that there is only one fair outcome of this investigation before any results have been released reflects poorly on you.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned this is all a bunch of bullshit and most of it is probably originating out of Foxboro. I'm sure the boys and girls working for Kraft Associates are working 24/7 on this and trying to spin this story the same way they do for any other shitty enterprise Bob Kraft is involved in. And behind the scenes Kraft I'm sure is threatening Roger and his annual salary. As for Brady he isn't even in the top ten. Btw why don't they tell Kraft that those 2-tone dress shirts he loves to wear went out in the '90's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.