Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you are naive if you don't think they have a poor national perception/reputation. And believe me it's not because of an ESPN poll. Do you own a TV or radio? Do you read - - newspapers?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The Patriots are pure evil. If you support them, then you in are evil.

CJLang and New England Patriots like this.
  3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah and the only ones I hear making a big deal out of this are the ones with an axe to grind

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Brady should admit to sucking cock.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

They don't care about Jerry Rice, the Jets in general or anyone except for the Patriots because the Patriots are relevant. People are jealous. It has nothing to do with pervasive cheating. You are delusional to think otherwise. The overwhelming majority of the county is sick of the Patriots. They want to believe that they are nothing but cheaters and that their amazing success in comparison to other teams relatively lower level of success can be justified as cheating.

Public narrative does not always equal reality. If 99% of people believe that the world was flat and I didn't, would that make me wrong? Of course not, and the same thing applies here. Just because people want to believe that the Patriots are systematical cheaters, does NOT make it true.

Discussion boards exist so that each of us can state how we view reality. I'm simply saying what I believe and trying to explain my view on the rampant rush to judgment and hypocrisy. I'm able to do that, even if that drives you crazy. I can see why you don't want any discussion on the matter, though. You want to continue that narrative because it justifies the Patriots success relative to that of the Jets success. You are one of the many that are sick of the Patriots and you are clinging on to this scandal. This is what allows you to sleep at night. You don't like anything that doesn't jive with the current narrative.

As all of this fades into obscurity, the world begins to move on, Brady wins another championship or makes the HOF, it will make you even more angry. But don't you worry, I'm sure many other haters will agree with you and continue to push the outdated narrative so that they may also sleep well at night. I hope you were able to follow but won't be offended if you decide to continue to be ignorant, you know, if it helps you sleep at night.

BeastBeach likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's simply not true and you know it. if you want to single out some individuals maybe, but that goes against the whole premise of national perception now does it

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not 1 legit ring.

RuJFan, TNJet and BeastBeach like this.
  8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lmao. I think it's cute when otherwise rational adults are delusional when it comes to sports. It's just like religion

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

People aren't jealous, they despise frauds and cheaters. Do you think people are JEALOUS of ARod or Lance Armstrong? No, they despise them for being cheating and fraudulent assholes. Just like the Patriots.

The world perceives the Patriots as cheaters. Deal with it, accept it. It will help you sleep better at night.

I hope the irony of this statement is not lost on you.

_

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I give you guys credit. And don't take anything away from you just because of Belichick's character flaws. But on the other hand I can't say congrats you won it fair and square. Because you didn't.

11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

pats= cheaters and if you can't come to grips with that your the one with the issue pat fans . Sorry to break it to you but you may have 4 superbowls but all of them have big* next to them

TNJet likes this.
  12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Nice rant, dude.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol the funniest part is you would trade places with them in a fucking heartbeat

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I know I would. I think it funny how people are still fighting over this.

15. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I travel a lot and I would say more people than not that I talk to think that NE is shady / cheaters. Maybe the deflated football issue isn't that big of a deal, but it is cheating none the less. It has only solidified NE as cheaters.

No rings since spygate was a fact. It is kind of funny that they hadn't won a super bowl until now when they are under investigation for cheating again.

How do you know that when you don't know the full extent of the cheating? The tapes could have proven it, but they were destroyed because they only showed what the team admitted to doing already. Yeah, right.

16. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I have read a few of your posts where you reference the term "sour grapes". I think you should Google the fable. You sound stupid. The term does not mean jealousy.

Now if I were to say, "Who cares if the Pats won the Super Bowl, I didn't want my team to win anyway." That would be considered sour grapes.

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Bingo.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Somebody needed to say it.

_

19. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

And this is why you are the dumbest country in the western world. Last 4 presidential elections are a proof of that.

You know in countries where they still have things like journalism, you first have to have facts to back up your argument. Making claims based on "sources" with no proof usually leads to a lawsuit and losing your job/business, so it doesn't happen. Unfortunately most of you are so incredibly stupid, that when couple of sports websites (ESPN, SI) beat these rumors to death and write 10 000 articles in two weeks based on NOTHING, nobody can think for themselves. Nope, "they cheated". Not even after it comes out that 11 of those balls were easily explained by weather, and one, ONE ball took a huge dip in the psi scale. And that ball was in Colts possession. The same Colts who tipped off the NFL for the ball pressure problem. Yeah, that's not shady at all. How could such a classy organization do anything shady? It's gotta be the Pats!

So, it's not cheating (because it isn't proven) and if you take sources and tabloid stories as proof, then you are a fucking moron. Also once more with a feeling: Spygate, 2006. Championships, 01, 03 and 04. I know that's a confusing mathematical dilemma, but I assure you 2006 comes after all those years. And 2006 was also the year taping opposing teams signals became illegal. Before that it was done by everyone. Probably by the Jets as well. For sure by Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher, also champions.

BeastBeach likes this.
  20. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Taping signals was not illegal. Taping them from areas accessible by the coaching staff during the game (like the sidelines) was the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.