Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    _

2. JStokes

Charles Haley, newly inducted member of the Hall of Fame.

_

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

another guy on a team full of cheaters.

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The league should address corruption. Goodell should be investigated. The "sport" has lost credibility.

You better believe double standard, subject to interpretation any given Sunday

5. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Let me explain this in words you would understand. When you do a comparison of reactions, in this example the reaction of the 49ers cheating versus the reaction of the Patriots cheating, you have to bring up examples to show the diverging reactions. Are you following?

My point was that the reaction among the haters is much different in one instance than the other. Are you still with, Skippy? I'm not justifying Spygate. My point is that your judgement on the Patriots, who haven't even been proven cheaters this season, isn't really credible if you don't have an equal opinion on the 49ers who have admitted to cheating.

How outrageous would it be to say the following? "The Jets AFCCG appearance is tainted because of the cheating incident earlier in that year when the strength and conditioning coach cheated on that special teams play?" First of all, it would be sour grapes. Secondly, if I wouldn't also admit that the 49ers SB's were tainted, I would be a hypocrite.

I hope you were able to follow.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Cap violations and PED use is a waaaaay bigger issue than this but we're only putting asterisks next to the Patriots because we don't like them for owning us for the past deade plus and are jealous

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"has Brady owned up to anything?"

You mean like...[​IMG]

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  8. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

This is utter horeseshit:

1) What has Brady ever done to cheat the game? What is there to own up to?

2) What has Kraft ever done to cheat the game? What is there to own up to?

3) BB owned up to Spygate and apologized to the owners and league representatives.

4) You would be a really good FoxNews/MSNBC anchor with all the propaganda you are spewing. At least you have the talking points and conjecture down, substance isn't important at all to you.

5) The best part of all of this is the rub your noses part. You are already fearful of our match up in 2015. At least you admit it, right?

6) Would you want Belichick as your coach again? There is only one answer to this question.

9. nyjunc

No it hasn't, go back through history. there has always been a jealousy of winning teams.

10. nyjunc

Cap violations I would agree w/ and that's how Denver won back to back SBs.

PED use is common among all teams so I think it's a level playing field.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's come full circle. Even the attorney of Former Patriot Great Aaron Hernandez is making deflate-gate jokes at the guy's murder trial. You couldn't make this shit up. And the Jets were called a circus?

12. nyjunc

the Pats are now a 4 ring circus, we are a no ring circus. They have a better circus

13. JetsVilma28

Why were the tapes destroyed?

How did 11 of 12 footballs come to be deflated from only the pats side?

Is that jealousy?

Your boy Brady is a cheat

14. nyjunc

I HATE the Pats and all things Boston sports but I can tip my hat to greatness. all of these issues are minor issues that most, if not all, teams tried.

15. JStokes

Listen jackass, I'll try to explain this in words YOU can understand.

YOU don't set the narrative on this issue. And you know what? Neither do I. This isn't about some sour grapes Jet fans ranting in a looney bin--this is the national perception of the Patriots franchise, the absolute fraud that is "the Patriot Way". There is nothing that you or I can say that will change the national perception of your team as a cheating organization.

Nobody cares about Jerry Rice or Bill Walsh or Don Shula or Sal Alosi or any of those red herrings because none of them have been accused of or looked at as players or organizations involved in systematic cheating.

The Patriots have. Deal with it.

Everyone is a hypocrite when it comes down to it because we all have our own agendas, our own predilections, our own biases, our own perceptions and we see things through different lenses.

But the overwhelming perception of the Patriots in this country (and probably the world after Deflategate) is that they are cheaters and all of their Super Bowls are tainted. No one needs a conviction this time because in the court of public perception your team has already been convicted. If Goodell comes down on them hard--it's an "ah-HA" moment. If he comes down on them soft, it's because he's in Kraft's back pocket.

Don't come here and blame me or toehrt jet fans because we don't think about Sal Alosi or stickum when we assail the Cheatriots--blame your OWN coach and players and owner who have fostered that perception and allowed it to exist.

If what I'm saying isn't true, why are you--a Pats fan--on a Jets fans board the day after your charade through the streets of Boston continuing to defend your team?

It's pathetic.

I hope you were able to follow.

_

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Preach brotha, preach!!!!!! Can I get an AMEN?

17. JetsVilma28

All theses issues add up and like Brian Williams; you start believing your story.

I think the Pats have a sketchy football team, and I think the league has a sketchy commissioner.

Sad for professional sports fans; subject to interpretation any given Sunday

18. nyjunc

so don't watch football anymore. If I believed it was rigged I wouldn't watch.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't get where this idea of national perception comes from. A fucking ESPN poll? I love how ESPN is considered a joke until they put up a poll that backs up your opinion, now it is a scholarly journal.

Most people on TV and most football fans understand this isn't a big deal. The narrative on the Patriots is that they are a dynasty until you visit AFC East forums. Then the Patriots are known as cheaters worldwide.

"No rings since spygate" Lol. Didn't take long for you guys to come up with something else

20. nyjunc

they haven't won a SB in a season where they didn't deflate footballs!(this is coming next)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.