Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd prefer they hook them up to about 600 volts.

#2281 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I hate how the NFL is trying to sweep this under the rug,Goodell at Krafts house the night of the AFC title game combined with this scandal will make Goodell handing the Lombardi trophy to the Patriots look disgusting,The Seahawks really need to win this thing

FlaJet likes this.
  3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

He's finished either way, especially if its true he got the hint of cheating again well before the meeting.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

4. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Wait till Sherman gets suspended for the Super Bowl for his comments.
    That would be hysterical.

I'm already prepared for the Pats come out of this completely unscathed.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

By taking so long to make a decision on this the NFL is making it into a bigger fiasco than it really is. They by now should have plenty of info on what happened. You don't need 50 ex FBI agents investigating this. It's an overkill and makes them again look stupid. Change the policy of teams controlling game balls. If you have no conclusive evidence against the Patriots give them a warning. If you do then fine them with a warning.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Goodell at Krafts house night before AFC Championship game should be investigated by the league. This is deplorable. Fraternization, Conflict of Interest.

Commissioner is in charge of the Officiating crews, no?

Who is the Commissioners preferred winner?

NFL is shame of sports world.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Goodell meets and socializes with all owners including the Seahawks. There is no conflict of interest its a part of his job. It's just Sherman trash talking against the Commish who the players despise. Sherman should be fined and it should be announced by Goodell immediately.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I was watching "A Football Life" about Bill Walsh the other day. He used to script the first 15-25/30 plays of games. They had a rule(which I think they may still have) where if you lose communication w/ the booth the opponent has to take off their headsets. They brought up specific examples of him doing this against NYG as he had his plays scripted and NYG couldn't communicate to make adjustments.

the point of this is in all eras teams will always look for a way to get an edge

9. JetsVilma28

Night before AFC Championship game? Dinner at the Kraft's house? That's part of the job?

Let's take a guess where the Commissioners support lies right before kickoff.

FlaJet likes this.
  10. nyjunc

if the commissioner wanted NE to win and allows them to cheat why haven't the Pats won in a decade?

11. JetsVilma28

Should the Commissioner of the NFL be at the home of an owner, coach or player the night before or days leading up to a game? The answer is no.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We are swinging by the stadium tomorrow...*wink* *wink* oh and thanks for the donations to my charity Mr. Kraft.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I hate to ruin your conspiracy theory but Goodell is not going to publically do anything inappropriate to his office and position. There is nothing wrong with having dinner at Kraft's house.

14. nyjunc

I don't think it is unusual. He was in NE for the game, he works for the owners. I don't see anything wrong w/ him going to Kraft's house.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't see the big deal with Goodell having dinner with Kraft.

16. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

So a former Jets Exec ran the half baked "sting"? No wonder it's a giant clusterfuck.

By the way, thanks to the hysterics from this I just watched a video of a pee wee team running a brilliant trick play on Facebook with about 10,000 comments about how Bill Belichick is the only one who teaches that kind of cheating to his players. They were serious of course. lol

So since the actual football people seem to be going one way on this... and the hysterics, as well as the moms and geeks around the country all of a sudden paying attention to the sport of football in a whole new weird way are going another.

I like what side of the fence I'm on. I actually like the side of the fence you are all on in here. Hey maybe your old guy will do something productive for once and get this right?

But I doubt it.

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The 'Good Ol' Boys' within the 'good ol boys'.... I hope there's an owners mutiny/clash...one of them on the outside goes apeshit

FlaJet likes this.
  18. JetsVilma28

That is a major conflict of interest. At least one player has voiced their displeasure with the Goodell-Kraft dinner. I have to agree that the dinner was wrong and in poor taste.

I definitely can see where some Owners, coaches and players would feel the same as Sherman. Not a smart or savvy play by Goodell.

Boss of Officiating crew at one team Owners home, night before game (sounds like a headline to me).

rammagen and FlaJet like this.
  19. JetsVilma28

Yeah, either you are an owner in the "club", or you are on the outside looking in.

That Kraft-Goodell dinner is highly suspicious night before/directly leading up to a Championship game.

rammagen, FlaJet and Walt White like this.
  20. nyjunc

who was the one player? Richard Sherman? who cares what he has to say, that team and their PEDs has been cheating just as much in a more serious manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.