Defense is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Just can't let anything just die out can you? Oh course not because you're an attention whore... but just like all attention whores, once you actually catch someones wrath you run and cry either in the thread or privately to a mod....

And for the record, I'm not wrong on the Coles pass...I have an opinion on it...like you... but for some reason you think your opinions are a divinity of some kind...

IMO Chad put him in a position where he was vunerable.... period... Whether or not he had to jump was incidental.... he still had to sit back for 3 seconds and wait for another lame duck to get to him that should have got to him in 1, giving the defender an opportunity for a running spear.... That's my opinion...

But in your world any opinion other than yours is just retarded....

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Look, the defense sucked. But the game was still winnable in OT and Cotchery dropped the ball. Chad does not get a pass. Just about every game has been this close. If the offense has a shot to win then they have to take the blame too. Chad threw 3 INTS against the Giants. two in Buffalo. A fumble and a piock in Cincy. Don;t hang it all on defense. We were in striking distance.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I am still waiting for the substantial improvements in your posts. Sadly unlike our QB situation we will probably never see an intelligent, rational post from you. If you can not see how vastly improved our QB play was, you are either blind, stupid or both. Do I need to tell you where I would bet my money?

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Great post. All these people that say there was no difference in QB play are just pissed Chad is not the QB any longer. If you really watch the game and are not coming away impressed with KC that is the reason, it was not Chad doing it. If the Jets had qb play that was as good as it was yesterday this team is 3 games better than what the current record is.

That being said:

Do not forget the biggest fucking reason for Washington coming back.......................... The single biggest fuck up yesterday was not even mentioned..................

Brick's holding penalty.

That was just the most ridiculous mind numbing mistake the redskins needed to get this game. L.Washington just got the ball to the 4 yard line with a great play and Brick fucked that up. I am on record as being a person that sticks up for Brick to. That was the single biggest mistake that killed the Jets yesterday. Without that play, Cotchery does not fumble, Cotchery does not drop that pass in overtime etc. etc.

I can not believe the snowball effect one mistake has on others with this team.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We a 3-4 NT on the roster. Mangini just refuse to play him. When Pouha is playing NT the run defense is much better.

6. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

the defense is one of the problems, we need big interior lineman we are a 4-3 defense, and until we have big interior lineman that demand double teams then we can become a 3-4.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That last line is not true except for you, you lack common football sense which is why you need to pay attention more in order to learn.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I just realized something....

You never actually played this game a day in your life did you?

Were you too scared or mommy wouldn't let you? Nah, it's the first, your mom would've loved to have watch your annoying ass get flattened...

She was probably tired of you shooting your mouth off at the other kids as you hid behind her at the screen door...

You think my personal attacks on you were bad before? Wait. Because I'm done with any type of debate with your ignorant ass.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Clemens was okay, he was far from impressive. Jets fans expectation of what is really good QB play has been tamped down from years of mediocre play at the position. A real leader at QB would have taken a shot at the end zone in regulation rather than playing for a FG. That may have been the HC decision? Regardless until this team has a QB who is willing to keep the tempo and pressure on the D at the end of games and make a game winning play, I don't buy into impressive. He was better than many anticipated, he gives us some hope, but until I see him make real game changing plays, this team is DOA.

10. nyjunc

you only look more foolish when you post nonsense like this. Accept the fact that you were wrong and move on, don't dig yourself a deeper hole b/c as bad as you always look it can get worse.

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

And that's what you don't get... there is no right or wrong... just OPINIONS!!!! YOU'RE the one who looks like a fool because of it.....

and it's obvious you've NEVER played the game & you overcompensate by trying to be some kind of "expert" ...

You're basically like one of these douchy sportswriters that get called out by players and coaches for making stupid comments or asking stupid questions at press conferences that could only come for someone who never played the game....

Sorry dude, you just weren't good enough.... but thats what equipment managers were for

12. nyjunc

There is right or wrong when you fooliosly post how Chad got Coles hurt, he has put him in bad situations at times w/ some floating high throws but that particular situation was not on Chad so you are wrong and you know it which is why you then said you were half joking.

I am sorry i must have misse your NFl playing career that invalidayes all of my opinions b/c I did not play in the NFL. you have no clue what level I ever played at but i know you didn't make it very far b/c you don't understand the game so keep attacking me, it doen't help your weak arguments. i hope it makes you feel better even though as usual you are dead wrong.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That had to be a coaches decision. Mangini and Schotty have seen a bunch of games end on INT's this season and they've seen Clemens throw a few picks also. Clemens had a solid no turnover game to that point and I'm almost certain that the coaches decided to put the game on Nugent and not him at the end. I think that's why they obviously played for a few first downs and a FG in OT also.

I can see arguments both ways for how it was played so I'm not going to criticize the strategy involved, particularly given I'm not 100% sure about it.