Defense is sickening

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gregory L Henderson, Dec 5, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm going higher

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I heard an interesting comment on 98.7 this morning from Mike Tannenbaum and I wanted to put the question out there for TGG.

What unit would you consider to be the “foundation” of our defense?

I think defensive line and I think it’s better than what’s being put on the field right now. In the Jets 3 wins, the DL dominated. JFM shouldn’t be playing 5T but is forced to because of injuries to Lawson and Huff. Move him back to 3T and add another edge alongside Lawson and Huff and I think the DL will be very good.

Losmeister and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The biggest thing in Miami is they returned to the same defense as last yr after a 1-7 start, ,constant blitzes ,rookie Phillips 8.5 sacks, rookie safety Holland is a stud . Plus Waddle and Tua have seemed to hit stride. The sleeper on the fins is Lindsley who flashed in his first game as a fin

4. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

The 3rd and long 1st down conversions this year must be a dubious record for a Defense. Historically bad I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

Courtesy of constant cover 1 calls

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i didnt know WHO it was for us... but Goedert shoulda been BLOWN THE FUCK UP
    that was a hospital ball

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

JFM is versatile that he can move outside but he’s not an “EDGE” type. Huff should be back this week IIRC…he showed enough off the edge to do something. Zuniga and Hamilcar are projects who’ve gotten recent PT off the edge lately.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think this will be the plan during the offseason. Depending on where the Jets pick, I think they'll take one of Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, or Karlaftis to pair with Lawson and Huff at EDGE. You then have solid 3 man rotations at EDGE and DT (Q, JFM, Rankins) and the makings of a very talented DL.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is what we get when you plan on starting converted rookie safeties at LB and a bunch of 5th and 6th round pick at corner and you lose your top two edge players in Lawson and Huff and your two starting safeties in Maye and Joyner. It’s not rocket science. We’re playing a bunch of kids, and everyone on our D outside of Q and Moseley are low draft picks or free agent castoffs.

we need talent on D. I’m assuming it’s coming in the draft. Last year was draft offense and we got good ones in AVT, Moore, Carter, and hopefully Wilson. That’s a good haul especially if Wilson develops.

we invested nothing on D. That is coming this year…and while we still need OL and TE, I assume most of the picks this year will be on D. I think Q is showing that he’s a good player, but not an elite guy who can take over a game. Without someone on the outside, he can be contained. He’s no Donald.

To me, this is just a talent issue….

Mogriffjr likes this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

You're correct regarding JFM's versatility, but he's just a step too slow to play 5T on a consistent basis. Glad Huff is coming back.