Defense is sickening

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gregory L Henderson, Dec 5, 2021.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Turns up their OL wasn’t banged up and they did get a lot of yards on the ground. I was wrong. The Saints aren’t as good as the Eagles especially away from the dome. I hope you’re wrong about the 200 yards. The Jets can beat the Saints - stranger things have happened.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're suffering from Jet Delusional Syndrome... Keep telling yourself that nonsense if that makes you feel better. Fact is, the Dolphins are a better team than the Jets this year. The record is proof positive of that. Winning is no mirage. Its a reality you refuse to acknowledge if a division rival is doing it. Losing isn't a mirage either and I'm glad you're still sane enough to recognize that. Jax is a winnable game. NO isn't without extreme luck like what happened in the Titans win thanks to both a talent gap and a CS quality gap.

I think the Jets have used up all the pixie dust allotted to them for 2021.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Saints are 3-3 on the road and 2-4 at home. This isn’t the soft indoor Drew Brees Saints. This team is built for winter football even with their terrible QB play.

4. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Yep..Ulbrich is disgusting. He has no friggin clue at all

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Probably 65 to 70% 3rd for 1sts...they do nothing right. No fundamentals, nothing.
    How they can CONTINUALLY be raped by screen passes is baffling. Guys wide open everywhere. Bad angles, many missed tackles. The 3rd downs are an embarrassing joke...they are better than this. They were better last year for shit sake. Its coaching, for the most part because they're always lost and clueless with ZERO adjustments.

6. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

We BARELY beat the Texans...yea big deal beating Jax. If they do, it'll be close, 3 points..this defense will give Trevor his best day as a pro.. watch.

SOJAZ and cval like this.
  7. mrjet80

You absolutely could be right …..

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the difference between the 1-7 dolphins of the 1st 8 weeks compared to the 5-0 dolphins the past 2 weeks is simply tua playing well.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, the injuries have been crippling, but still, the coaching has been terrible. When your personnel gets this ravaged you need to try new approaches, gimmicks, whatever you can think of. Sure, your defense will still suck, but not as bad as these guys are sucking. That was one of - maybe the only - thing(s) Rex was good at...he could figure out ways to get the defense to perform despite injuries. Hey, come to think of it, he's probably available!

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12 and mrjet80 like this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Jets D struggles against more "patient" run games as the DL shoots up field and basically opens the rushing lane for the offense. They don't have the LBs to make up for this; Mosley can't do it all.

As for the pass D, Bryce Hall is continuing to prove he belongs on an NFL field and is a really good player. MCII is a solid slot but needs work in his run D. Both safeties are horrendous, ASStyn Davis might be the worst FS I've ever watched on a football field at any level, and I've watched HS film of myself playing FS. We're also really missing Eichols across from Hall, he's been a contributor for us.

Ulbrich HAS to stop going Cover 1 on 3rd down. The Jets get abused on rub routes and pick plays on 3rd down, it's why there are receivers constantly wide open without a defender within 5 yards. To add, why the hell was our defense crowding the LOS playing Cover 1 on THIRD AND 19? Like what are we DOING? Rush 3, drop 8 into coverage, rally to make a tackle short of the sticks, it ain't that deep.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dallas Goddard loves our Defense

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I couldn’t figure out the same on the 3rd & 19 either. If you’re going to crowd the LOS like that, you need to send the house on a zero blitz. Otherwise you’re absolutely right - get those guys the fuck back. They dropped all of those linebackers and defensive backs.

I thought the Saleh way with defensive was the keep it simple stupid thing. Line up and play base 4-3 or 4-3 under and don’t overcomplicate everything. Seems like Ulbrich thinks differently.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's almost every 3rd down they go into Cover 1 and crowd the LOS, it's ridiculous and extremely predictable. I have a gut feeling Saleh is not happy with Ulbrich behind closed doors.

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. mrjet80

They adjusted the offense to fit his skill set..

15. mrjet80

And he’s a FA……

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I almost always have nicknames for players and coaches. Yesterday Ulbrich became Skeet Ulrich. Because I screamed.

17. GasedAndConfused

pretty much. a lot of RPO and short passes

18. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I always hope im wrong...being right is depressing and makes it all not worth it

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Their defense has shut down some good offenses in that span and won some games where they were heavy underdogs. Their secondary has done a 180 turn and that kid Holland looks like an absolute stud. I think it's a lot more than Tua, but you're right about Tua playing well. He's winning these games when he's had too.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

their D was playing good the 1st 8 weeks too. it just looked worse then it was because of turnovers on offense and the D ebing screwed by a bad offense. once tua started playing smart and safe they didn't have these issues. they are currently 11th in the NFL in scoring defense and trending up.