Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

Would you look at this, another mistake. You forgot to put a comma after "No".

Explain, how am I a fucking moron, whoops, you forgot the g, again.

I'm not on my moms computer, I'm on my phone.

I've never said that Geno is "the real deal". And wow, for calling me a moron for misspelling, you aren't so bright yourself huh? Once again, leaving a letter out, this time leaving the "d" out of "and".

You are* saying that Milliner is a bust, 9 games into his career. If everyone was like you, Patrick Peterson would be nothing but a return man, instead he's one of the leagues top corners. Who knows how many more top players wouldn't be playing at this point if everyone had the mentality that you have.

You think that because you're older, you're smarter. That's not the case here.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

He'll be fine. Rex has talked highly of him when he's played much worse than today. He missed a tackle, big deal. Cro, Davis, and Reed all missed a tackle on the Hartline TD. Dee is a rookie, he can only get better, and he has shown signs of good play.

This isn't a post bashing you, it's just what I think Rex would be saying to him.

3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, he definitely has the talent to be a top corner, he needs to harness his physicality though and start pressing receivers. It angers me to no end to see corners playing so off their receivers, it just screams I'm scared to be beat and ends up giving up slants/curls/in routes all day. With our D line we should be pressing much more than we currently do so they have time to get to the QB.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah that's what makes me angry about our corners. They back up 10 yards giving them a huge cushion for the the short passes. Then when they are at the line with the receiver, they don't press, giving then a free release.

That's what killed us in Buffalo the second time, and that's what started it off today.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rex spoke to Dee when CBS cut to him.

Exact words Rex used

"I'm sorry Dee, I have made a mistake...I have jeopardized my defense every week with having the worst corner back in the NFL take part it in it. Hope you understand this, sit down and don't ever get up."

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

You sure that wasn't to Cro?

Sounds to me like you need to watch some other teams before saying that he's the worst corner back in the NFL. Cowboys come to mind.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

You both forgot an apostrophe in "mom's" to show possession. I guess neither one of you are geniuses.
    :)

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

I never said I was. If my phone doesn't autocorrect it, then it's staying.

9. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

Not really, in his first few weeks he was giving up touchdowns, getting blown by, and just doing everything you can to get yourself benched.

The past few weeks he's been deflecting a lot more passes, giving up a lot less touchdowns (yeah he missed a few tackles but he was on the field a ridiculous amount of time), and just looking better than before.

CB is a tough position and it's stupid to call him a bust after 12 games.

10. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

His coverage has gotten better, and it's nice to see him get in a position where he has a chance of intercepting the ball so we can complain about his hands. His tackling got worse as the game went on, but I believe it was a fatigue issue since the defense was on the field a ridiculous amount of time.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

What are you guys seeing in Milliner? His coverage is horrible, he can't tackle, I get he gets picked on for being a rookie, but Jesus he is the mirrored imagine of Kyle Wilson, there is no excitement in me for this guy.

12. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

I see a guy learning one of the hardest positions in the NFL. Idk about you, but I didn't expect every rookie the Jets drafted this year to be in the running for ROY.

The way I see it, Milliner right now isn't that great. However, he's come a LONG way from back in that NE game where he screwed up so badly he gave NE their only TD. Now, he's getting his hands on the football, and putting himself in a position to succeed. Sure, some things aren't there yet, but with a rookie that's expected. Milliner has all the tools to succeed in the NFL as a CB, and right now is learning on the fly.

IMO, after training camp next year, Milliner will look like a whole new CB.

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

In what game has he shown "the talent to be a top corner"???

The guy is just not that good. He's not awful. He's not a bad cb. But there's nothing special about him that I've seen all season.

14. OverloadBlitz

What's special about him is his physical ability, his acceleration is incredible, his top speed is very good, and you have to love his willingness to tackle, most corners hate tackling(see Cromartie). He ran an unofficial sub 4.3 at the combine he just needs some NFL experience. Right now if you watch him play he's thinking and reacting too much instead of using his football instincts which he has. When he does use his instincts you get plays like in the NO game where you see him fly to his man to make the pass deflection. Not to mention if he can catch worth a lick he'd have about 4 or 5 picks so far and everybody would sing a different tune about him.

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah he's not getting beat as much now. He's more around the ball, and gets his hands on the ball more. I doubt that before the Saints game he had any deflections, he was never around the ball to make a play. Lately he's been more around the ball, while still making mistakes, but that's to be expected.

Like you said, if he'd have caught some of the balls that he has had a shot at, we'd all be loving the pick.

16. OverloadBlitz

Well dropped picks count as PD's so he had some before the NE game.

17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm Mr. Positivity, but I'm not sure what anyone saw in this guy. Right after I watched tape of him after the draft, I said immediately that Sheldon would be the better pick and player. And it's funny because I was freaking out over the Sheldon pick after not knowing much about him.

18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I'd also like to mention I was freaking out about the Jets picking Stephen Hill over Alshon Jeffery. Please make me GM lol

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

It's been done to death but this guy is absolute trash, I mean complete garbage. I'm on the record here of despising this draft, I hated it the minute they drafted him.

20. OverloadBlitz

Dee played a ton of Zone coverage in College if you watch his tape, he's much more comfortable with his eyes on the QB rather than his back turned playing man which is why he struggles to get his head turned and play the ball. Rex's scheme is more predicated towards Man coverage corners that can press at the LOS. Its going to take a little time for Dee to figure out how to play a receiver based on where your help is and when to turn for the ball. Receivers in the NFL do an outstanding job of disguising when the ball is in the air(not putting their hands out until the last possible second) so Thats when your instincts in Man coverage have to come in.