Dear Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Feb 6, 2012.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

OP, you are an idiot if this is the worst season ever. I have only been a fan just over a decade, but i can remember our team being worse and from the beginning of the season having no hope for the playoffs. Ever since Rex has gotten here, our expectations have grown and we want to the in the playoffs which hasn't existed in this organization since I've been a fan. This wasn't the best season, but by no means it's the worst season ever. Please reevaluate your statement and stop being illogical.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U do realize that the homer hooey U posted has been written, spoken about or debated for the last 43 years & we are still totally unsuccessful in becoming World Champions? :sad:

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Kerley was benched on returns, and began to show improvement as the year wound down. Yes, he shows potential, but has yet to show he was a solid pick. Do you disagree?

Meanwhile the Jets obviously planned on having Plax and Mason as their respective #2 and #3. Kerley was not supposed to even be the #3.

Elsewhere I mentioned that him and WIlkerson, while both showing more potential than anything else, are the only picks since the 2007 draft and Revis and Harris that so far have not been a mixed bag at best, a bad pick at worst. That's not a good record.

And the FA picks and moves have been a mixed bag, too.

Agenda? WHat is anybody's agenda in posting here? Mine is calling them as I see them without being too optimistic or too pessimistic. The analyses either stand up or they don't, just like for every other poster here, and not on the basis of how homeristic (meaning "good") they are are darksider they are. So save the easy labels and tell me how i am wrong.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yea, you're probably right, I think maybe what I ment was that the letdown of this season, after the past 2 years, was the worst. And the collapse of the team, combined with how the overall season panned out and this horrific superbowl made it seem much worse than it actually was. I guess as a long time Jet fan I should be used to beatdowns by now.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think in the expectations sense, I get where you are coming from, but ironically or not I had some real doubts going into this one, so I was a bit less optimistic than I otherwise might have been. The reason it is somewhat ironic is I have become increasingly skeptical of Tanny and his moves. The Kendall for Clarke and Bender move was just awful, but I wondered at the time if it was sort of a one off, maybe with grownup people taking business too personally. But it really was bad.

Unfortunately, the questionable moves have kept on coming, and going into last year you had to wonder about Edwards for Burress, Woody for Hunter, giving Greene more of LT's work, doing nothing about safety other than sign Pool to another contract, things like all of those, and of course again relying on Sanchez with only Brunell as the backup.

In hindsight we should not have been the least bit surprised by the result. And ftr I meant some doubts, since I admit to feeling a general hopefulness going into last year. i hoped Sanchez would improve, Burress work out, Greene pick up the load, the safeties hold up their end, Wilson make a big jump, all those things.

Didn't happen.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I see what you're saying, but I don't consider my optimism blind. I'm not going to say crap like "the team is horrible" or "Rex lost control!" I'm going to objectively analyze what I see and who is responsible for our struggles.

Sanchez did make minimal strides this year, but he also hardly got any help from his offense. He WILL make big strides next year. If I was a blind optimist I'd be supporting Hunter and Mulligan, but I'm thoroughly convinced they are responsible for killing one too many drives this year, then Schotty capped it off with piss poor play calling in long yardage situations.
    [YOUTUBE]fLpimht0tUM[/YOUTUBE]
    This is why Sanchez got hit so much this year. Its funny how the announcer is saying that it was a spin move, but he barely did anything. Hunter just flat out sucks and this is proof. This might even be the hit where Sanchez hurt his neck. Hunter = season killer.

If we can fix those positions and increase our depth we have a very good chance of going back to that 11 win team from 2010, only better. I do like the young guys we have right now in some key positions, and I see a good future. If we could somehow secure Holmes/Edwards/Kerley as our 3 receivers, we'll be a powerhouse next year. If not, we need to develop both Kerley and McKnight into better deep threats. I think the lack of training camp this year hurt a lot of our players, especially the younger guys. Our chemistry will return.

#66 Barcs, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah Miller barely needed to do anything to get Hunter's shoulders turned right.

Hunter went down like a sack of bricks after that. At that point, you have to try to trip the guy to prevent your QB from taking a big shot like that. You lost the 15 yards anyway...