Dear Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Feb 6, 2012.

1. 518

518 Member

I'm not mad at Rex. The guy has had us in contention since he took the reigns. In my opinion, we are a few playmakers away from being a 12+ win team. Especially with us playing the NFC West next year. Complete overreaction. I do not care what he says to be honest. I think a lot of you care too much about what he says. I care about how he coaches. Not everyone is perfect, and it's not his fault Santonio Holmes is a clown when his team does not win. I feel very confident in Rex. Most I have ever as a Jets fan.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Let the butthurt flow. Your username is ironic.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm just proud we were able to inspire & motivate both teams that played yesterday.

Wonderful...just wonderful.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When life gives you lemons, make screwdrivers and enjoy! :grin:

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I had one, but a screwdriver is made with OJ, not lemons.

6. Cman68

This is true. I'm a bourbon man myself but there's gotta be something you can make with lemons and vodka.. :)

7. Big Blocker

Yeah, it's called vodka with Lemonade.

Heh.

8. Cman68

Oh.. you're hilarious today BB. Don't bank on that comedy career just yet ok? :grin:

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Thank You. I am at my lowest. F U REx

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, here's the thing. In terms of stats, this season definitely wasn't one of the worst. However, back in 1995-1996 no one was talking about the Jets going all the way. We knew that team sucked and they confirmed it with their display on the field. No one was expecting anything big from those teams. It's totally different these days with all these Super Bowl promises. The final record is nowhere as bad but the pain might be comparable or even worse.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm still glad that 8-8 is considered terrible for this team now. This kind of season was acceptable not very long ago. I hope the FO are not losing their minds as much as the fans. This team needs a solid draft and a few decent free agency moves to be back in contention.

12. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

[YOUTUBE]QuNhTLVgV2Y[/YOUTUBE]

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Exactly. When you are good there are expectations. Period. Baltimore's had Superbowl contender expectations for a decade now and they don't create it, it just exists.

If Rex says nothing about winning a Superbowl this year, which I am going to bet he won't, and we go 8-8 again it will still be a disappointment because we now expect more from this team than mediocrity.

It beats the alternative.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

So if Rex hadn't guaranteed a Super Bowl, what would your expectations have been coming off back to back AFC Championship Games?

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

But Wex PWOMISED us a Supew Bow victowy . . .

I WANT A SUPEW BOW VICTOWY!

[​IMG]

16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Oh, it's not just Rex. It's all this hype around the team these days. It feels worse when you expect something big and fail miserably than when failure is pretty much a given.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

So it's kind of like every year the Yankees haven't won since they bought Babe Ruth.

I can live with that.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This was not the worst ever---go talk to Rich K about that BUT----------THAT SAID---with the expectations the organization / Rex and company put out there and coming off the last 2 years as we have we all thought this would be a step up year. Did'nt happen--------------ream collapsed in a big way---and after struggling to 8-5 we kept waiting for the light to go on--again did not happen. Worst ever ? as far as stats and record---NO.
    As far as expectations along with getting our asses handed to us on Xmas eve in a statement game and springboarding our Big Brother to a ridiculous run. Losing that game and allowing the Giants to get a new lease on life----then watching the G men win again for the second time in 4 yrs-------this blows the Mud Bowl , the Browns late hit, The last 2 playoff years and 98 outta the water no comparison for me.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Come on... Grow up already. There's seriously a new I hate Rex Ryan thread in this section every week. There have been WAY WORSE seasons in that past decade or so than this one. You must seriously be a fair weather / new fan to even suggest that crap. Rex has already addressed the problems and has learned from last season. Our play and thin oline killed us this year. Rex barely said anything this year at all, but he's admitted he will tone it down next year. So why are you still living in the past? Our season ended like 7 weeks ago? You are the worst type of fan that exists, please go root for the Patriots.

20. Big Blocker

I agree with this post and the earlier one you made, but I also think for some here, and this part includes me, it is not only the difference this year between expectations and the disappointment that instead was realized. There is also the concern that this step back from the two years before is part of a new and downward trend.