Day 3 target Spotlights

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 31, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Here is a thread to talk about players we could grab in rounds 4-7 (we have 2 4ths and 2 5ths currently but could trade down and get more so who knows) there is a million threads for the top guys so lets keep this to players who aren't going in the top 3 rounds. basically our possible late round gems

Spotlight 1
    Noah Elliss DT 6'4" 345-360lbs (projected round 5-6)

A giant space eater who is more athletic then you'd expect for his size. needs to work on technique but moves well and blows up in the run game and has possible pass rush potential in collapsing the pocket. a good replacement for foley who can be had with one of our 5th rounders. His father was a 2 time pro bowl DT in 1999 and 2000 and his brother kaden was a 7th round pick in 2019 for the saints at LBer and is on the team still. another brother Christian was an UDFA in 2021 and is currently on the eagles so he comes form a football family.

2. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 2
    Jeremy Ruckert TE 6-5 250lbs (projected round 4th)

Ruckert is a nasty blocker who has shown some receiving potential. his comparison is dalton schultz who was also a 4th rounder I liked during that draft and wanted the jets to get him and he's worked out well and many here wanted him as a FA. we signed 2 TEs but they aren't young or long term and if we want to run more 12 personnel we'll need a 3rd TE anyway and plus injuries happen. . I think most people here like ruckert a lot so don't need to explain it too much

ColoradoContrails, Rockinz and Noam like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 3

Jerome Ford RB 5-11 220lbs (projected round 4th)

A big short yardage back with good balance and vision and a willing pass blocker. also has been very durable and would pair nicely with carter in a 1A/1B situation.

upcoming (for my own memory)
    Josh Jobe
    jelani Woods
    Coby Bryant
    Markquese Bell
    alec Lindstrom

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

One of my favourite prospects in the entire draft. He’s not a secret on TGG but man is this stud overlooked by draft pundits. Hopefully he’s there in the 4th for us!!!

Can run inside, outside, with power, with speed, has elusiveness and most of all did it against stiff competition

5. Rockinz

Check out Khalil Shakir WR for day 3. His hands are ridiculous for a slot receiver. Doesn’t have break away speed but is really quick in and out of breaks.

Could be a 5th round gem.

6. GasedAndConfused

shakir is going in the 3rd so not eligible for this thread. sure some players could slip but i'm not going to use anyone in the top 100. he won't be there in the 5th for sure

KingRoach and Rockinz like this.
  7. Rockinz

Ya maybe not the 3rd but also maybe not the 5th. Let’s meet in the middle in the 4th. Which is day 3 ;)

8. GasedAndConfused

not gonna happen. he won't fall out of the top 106 picks. his ADP right now is 90 he's ranked top 100 by everyone and WR is considered a premium position in the NFL which leads to over drafting. our 1st pick in the 4th is at 111. no way he makes it that far. if he was a RB you could make that case because of positional value but not at WR

9. Rockinz

It’s close there are a lot of WRs in this draft. We’ll see soon enough and revisit in a month

10. GasedAndConfused

yup for sure. i'm trying to keep this though as guys who aren't ranked in the top 100. of course anyone could fall. i'd gladly take shakir in the 4th though