Davis, Patton and Valentine Waived

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dabrowsk1, Jul 7, 2008.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

The New York Jets have waived WR/KR Ashlan Davis, DB Kenny Patton and RB Justin Valentine. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Ashlan Davis (5'8",179) signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent on June 10. Davis started 11 games during his two seasons (2006-07) with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League and caught 40 passes for 476 yards and three touchdowns. He also led the club with 1,401 all-purpose yards and notched 30 kickoff returns for 632 yards (21.1 avg.).

In his college career at Tulsa, Davis played in 23 games, catching 65 passes for 908 yards and six touchdowns. He added 93 yards on 15 carries. totaled 109 yards and one touchdown on 14 punt returns, and produced 1,898 yards and six touchdowns on 70 kickoff returns.

Patton (5'11",193) was signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 20. He originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Oakland Raiders on May 4 before being waived May 15. At Hawaii, Patton was a four-year starter at cornerback, totaling 139 tackles and three interceptions in 42 games.

Justin Valentine (6'1", 230) signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 2. Valentine registered 14 touchdowns, including 11 rushing scores, as a fullback for Minnesota and played in 48 games during his college career.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2260-davis-patton-and-valentine-waived

I know a bunch of no names. But still it is news so I figured some might be interested.

2. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Three Cut From Roster

Published: 07-07-08

The New York Jets have waived WR/KR Ashlan Davis, DB Kenny Patton and RB Justin Valentine. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Ashlan Davis (5'8",179) signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent on June 10. Davis started 11 games during his two seasons (2006-07) with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League and caught 40 passes for 476 yards and three touchdowns. He also led the club with 1,401 all-purpose yards and notched 30 kickoff returns for 632 yards (21.1 avg.).

In his college career at Tulsa, Davis played in 23 games, catching 65 passes for 908 yards and six touchdowns. He added 93 yards on 15 carries. totaled 109 yards and one touchdown on 14 punt returns, and produced 1,898 yards and six touchdowns on 70 kickoff returns.
    Patton (5'11",193) was signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 20. He originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Oakland Raiders on May 4 before being waived May 15. At Hawaii, Patton was a four-year starter at cornerback, totaling 139 tackles and three interceptions in 42 games.

Justin Valentine (6'1", 230) signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 2. Valentine registered 14 touchdowns, including 11 rushing scores, as a fullback for Minnesota and played in 48 games during his college career.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2260-davis-patton-and-valentine-waived

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

there goes the season...:sad:

4. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

LOL. I never said it was important news just news. :) Better than talking about the QB situation for the thousandth time.

5. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

sorry !!!!!!!!!1

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I hope Chad Pennington can hold his ground. It is Kellen Clemens' turn though. Hmm. Exciting. I think I will make a poll on this.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i know i was kidding... sarcasm sucks in text :)

8. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

What ? Who ?

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Possible contract signings? We still need to get Gholston, Dustin Keller, and Lowery under contract. Perhaps Tanny is making some room...or maybe these guys just suck.

10. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

These UDFAs have only been signed a few weeks? Does anybody know whether they get paid to sign these contracts, or are they just paper for the future opportunity of getting paid if they go through training camp?

11. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

This Coaching staff tends to bring in a LOT of players "for a quick look" and then release them only to resign them latter, sometimes during the season. I think that they are playing games with the roster numbers (only so many allowed at certain times) to pad those numbers with fringe players that they might use in the future if, for example, somebody gets hurt. Right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them on the practice squad at some point during the season. Then again, you could be right and they do suck.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that was EXACTLY the question i was about to ask, you would think they would have to get something. but they probably dont.