Dave Gettleman deserves our high praise

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Apr 29, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The Bills should be thanking the Giants as well...
    If the Giants took a QB also, you guys might have been stuck with Rosen as the last one available......oof
    It will be fun beating up on the Fish this year if they actually start him.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We drafted 3rd and took Darnold. How does that make the case for Darnold. I think the Giants are lucky to have 1 win without Barkley last year.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's a circular argument. Nobody predicted the draft the year before Mayfield and Darnold came out was a good QB class and so far it looks like a great QB class. If the Giants suck again next year they can take a QB next year in what looks like a great QB class. The beauty of this is none of us know the future of either team and it will all play out.

4. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Whichever fits the giants suck narrative more. I’m open to flexible interpretation.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If the Giants take a QB in round 1 next year, they will look like fools for taking Jones at 6 this year when they could've gotten someone like Allen, White, or Jonah.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It worked out fine for AZ. It also wouldn't shock me if both the Eagles and the Rams are drafting a QB next year.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We have no idea how it worked out for Arizona, it could end up being a disaster. In fact if I was a betting man that’s exactly the outcome I’d bet on. If I was a Cards fan I wouldn’t be too confident in the failed college coach from a 2nd rate college hand selecting a barely 5’10 QB while discarding a good QB prospect that the GM just traded up for the year before.

Only way Giants are selecting another QB next year is if the GM gets fired after the year, which judging from Giants history is unlikely at best.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm not confident of anything. I've been a Jets fan for over 50 years. Until you see results it's all just BS. I'm amazed how Jets fans pump out their chest after a 4 win season and no playoffs for years. Until we see what happens it's all second guessing.

cval likes this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Now that you said this, you just know he's going to carve up the Jets' secondary.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about Fitz starting and going full magic :eek:
    That's the more likely scenario.