Darnold, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Dec 28, 2020.

?

Fields, Wilson or Darnold

1. Fields

22.0%
  2. Wilson

26.3%
  3. Darnold

31.7%
  4. Other - Explain

10.8%
  5. Watson: 3 1st's

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

yes. i am sick of having a bad QB.
    Lions suck cos Lions, not the QB. And yeah, that could be us as well.
    Eveb when we were winnibg with Chez, it was a hard watch cos he was a poor QB.
    Evry dropback you winced ...practically anticpating badness.

Anyway, peace.

NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I looked above at all the plays by Trey Lance, and to be honest was not impressed. To put this in context, North Dakota State won 8 out of last 9 FCS Championships. And they were facing a MUCH weaker team. It's like Alabama facing some unranked team. You would expect complete domination. And Lance did dominate by running all over them when he wanted, but as far as throws, it was pretty underwhelming game. A lot of inaccurate passes, not going through progressions, and all day to throw, many wide open receivers. He did have one long pass dropped in the end zone, but he just wasn't sharp, and generally speaking didn't look great throwing the ball. And he was on a superior team. If you thought Fields didn't have a great game against Alabama, where he was on inferior team, this was even worse.

Of course this was just one game, but even based on last season plus this one game, I just don't think there is any chance you would take him over Fields, who brings a lot of similar attributes, but much more battle tested. It's too much risk. And someone relatively high will take this risk, I am sure, but not if they have Fields available to them. I really believe it will come down to Fields vs Wilson.

#1322 Borat, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. Whats IRRESPONSIBLE is Forcing a pick of ANY kind w. where the Jets are at regardless of the position. I could truly care less what the "analysts" think....The same one's who crowned our current QB who you guys wanna run out here so bad? The one's who said Josh Allen was inaccurate & beat down everyone on here who felt differently? The one's that said Mahomes or any Air raid QB would never work in the NFL???

we have very different definitions of the word "booming". As for 2021 class...believe it or not there will be QBs & drafts after that class just as well!!

You can want any QB you Want. But I'll be damned if im gonna listen to this idea that we will never get a QB if we dont get one now or that this class is somehow 1982 2.0. It's average. At best

Noam and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. Yeah... we aren't gonna agree on much if thats what you took away from the film. ESPECIALLY compared to Fields.

Think its about time for me to disappear around here w. these evaluations. This is worse than 2018 & the season isn't even over.

See you guys sometime in May.

Noam likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't claim to be an expert, that's why I posted ENTIRE footage of these guys for everyone to see for themselves and comment. It's fine if you disagree, and if you point something out specifically, I would love to re-watch. I am definitely open to any feedback. You didn't think this was a very spotty performance, especially given the level of competition? What did you/anyone else take away from the film?

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

REVISion likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I get it. I do. there is a difference in being a fan and a GM though. fans want instant gratification. they want excitement, they want players to brag about. GMs want to build a steady roster and win. just have a little faith in JD for now. it's all we can do.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This stems from having abysmal QB play this year, having a top 2 pick, and being in control of Lawrence for 13 weeks.

I think if Fields or Lance get put with the right coaching staff and system they can both thrive.

9. Losmeister

got it.
    and i kinda do, have faith in JD.

QB needs improvement
    and G, EDGE and ...et cet...

we'll see...

10. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I wasnt either but he reminds me of Josh Allen I just dont know if he will be able to make that switch like Allen has. He overthrew guys a ton in that video just too much on some throws, but I like his mobility and arm strength is strong idk if he will be accurate enough tho.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching some film on Lance and this kid has IT. I just don’t know if it’s fools gold or not because of the level of competition. So I watched the entire showcase game and I feel that he missed a lot of easy throws early because he was nervous over the situation but once he settled in he was awesome. Made tough throws from in the pocket and on the run, Used his legs when he needed too, big arm with I compact throwing motion. I need to see more than the highlights and just the one game so far but from what I’ve seen I’ve liked.

King Koopa likes this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, the talent is for sure there. I looked at the film again, and he was pressured on several occasions, and missed some throws because of that. The INT was also pretty brutal, and TD ones were WIDE open. It looks like the offense they are running is pretty complex too, which bodes well for next level. I am just really concerned about lack of competition. Even for Zach it is an issue, but Zach at least is playing FSB teams, not FSC.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What do you make of INT, that was after he settled down already and even got a TD? Looked like a terrible read. Also, like you said, the gamble of lack of competition just scares a bit.

14. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Lance has intrigued me since before this season (I saw his name a few times on draft sites and was wondering why the QB from ND was being ranked so high) and there’s not much to not like besides for the unknown.

My issue is that if we’re all intrigued, then maybe some other teams will be as well. It’s not cut and dry that the Jets can trade down and still land him

Rockinz and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Didn’t like the pick at all. It was off play action and instead of a touch pass over top of the safety he threw a bullet on a rope and the safety stepped up and jumped on it. I just think it was a bad read and he had more time than he gave himself. Lance reminds me a lot of Jordan Love when he came out last year and also Justin Fields. Fields and Lance really have similar styles of play. Completely a boom or bust prospect. I’m going to watch more film on him but I got to say that big arm and that athleticism is pretty nice so far.

16. Losmeister

w/ Rivers retired the talk begins

17. Losmeister

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

So love this, after a 2-14 season lol. Really think the Saleh choice can turn the culture in NY and bring some of these guys in. It's the NFL, it doesn't take 3 or 4 years to rebuild and be competitive.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

A future HoF'er telling a star QB in his prime to come to the Jets? This can't be real life.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Still really hard to believe Watson would 'want' to come here. There's gonna be 6-8 teams knocking their door down for a shot at him. We can't possibly be near or at the top, from Watson's perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.