Darius Walker

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SonofDinger, Jan 11, 2007.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

now ur comparing curtis to darius? :rofl: but anyway curtis has broke big runs throughout his career walker hasnt. look man like i said i have watched every game walker has played in a ND. he is not a explosive back he is not a powerful back. in fact walker falls on the 1st hit almost always. this is my opinion if u wanna think as walker as some kind of superstar prospect thats on u.

#21 hydro51, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Before you guys bash Walker or what not I want you to keep this in mind despite me being an ND fan.

Walker worked with one of the poorer O-Lines in college in his 3 year stint and his last year was his worst as the line got worse and worse year after year.

With this said, I dont think Walker would be the right RB for the Jets but I would be happy to get him. He has somewhat of a burst and is a pretty good reciveing RB. He is alright with blocking but can get better. Could gun as a late day 1 pick with a nice combine.

But I question the move of Walker going pro considering the RBs in this draft. It would have been better to return for one more year and build up the stock. I think Weis would have let Walker carry the offense since Claussen whos going to replace Quinn is going to be raw in the NCAA level.

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Now theres someone who seen walker play.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Stay far far away from ND players. Much like the team anyone that plays on the team is talked up by leprechaun lovers across the country to ridiculous, overrated heights..

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not true....I dont know if you dislike Brady Quinn but hes going be solid in the NFL.

I dont see the same for Walker but Quinn is very sound and was once overHYPED, not overrated. But he isnt anymore.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

7. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

All I am saying is Curtis was more of a yards per carry back as is Walker. Walker averaged 4.2, 4.7 and 5.0 yards per carry at ND, getting better each year. He was on pace to be ND all time leading rusher which says something about his talent I think. I am not calling Walker a superstar back all I am saying is your not giving the man his due credit.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You need to check your facts!!! Leon is 5'8" about 200lb........Booker is 5'11" just like Martin. Booker is weighing in about 195, Martin is about 205 to 210 and 10 years older. Booker will be similar in size in his NFL Career. Martin was built just like Booker at Pitt.

I watch College Player's and seen Booker & Washington. The number's above are accurate and Booker would be a perfect compliment to our Backfield.

I think your trying to pick nits, come over to the GGI's draftboard and share your comments anytime, I'm there often. We can agree to disagree.

9. FreemanMcNeil24

FreemanMcNeil24 New Member

i'd rather have someone else

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Lorenzo Booker is like Michael Pittman without the size. Booker dances way too much and never hits the hole hard, he constantly tries to dance and has happy-feet, it's annoying, he had a bad year this past season and to me he is nothing more than a kick returner in this league.

11. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Average? Hahaha, no way. For someone who watched him in every game I'm surprised you would say that. You are right about him dancing around too much. Sometimes he's too patient looking for a run. That can also be a good thing though too. Besides he's a young guy. He's no Bush of the draft but this guy is someone who could use and I'd say we actually have a good shot at going for him. The guy in no way lacks power. I don't know where your getting that from. He probably won't be drafted in the first round but he'll go in the second round for sure. Lucky to be a 1st day?! You really are under estimating him. I think this guy is actually just what we need. Him and Washington could be a mirror pair of Julius Jones and Marion Barber in Dallas.

12. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

^ Ridiculous hater. Makes me want to draft any ND player just to piss on 3rds face.

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Just wake up 3rd? That was your weakest attempt Iv'e ever seen. If you were a Fins poster with 9 posts it be easy to call you a topic derailing troll. Go get some coffee nancy.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

says the guy that wants to piss on my face

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i think darius walker is a quality back i watched the bowl game and he has deceptive speed. when he hit the corner he took off and left alot of players behind in the dust for like forty yard gain. and i think lsu is in the sec conference there arent many slow defenses in that conference. when curtis martin came out of pitt and came to the league many people said he was slow and would never make it the league. there are three types of speed in football either your quick(able to accelerate in short distance fast) or your fast(once you get up to speed your gone) and theres game speed(when your in the game people be like dang i didnt know he was that fast.) so i think thas the type of player he is

#36 tanknyc, Jan 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  17. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Thank you this is the point I've been trying to get across.

18. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

we might try to get him in the later rounds

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Well... You aren't so bad then afterall.....

20. C.K.

C.K. New Member

I'm a pretty big fan of drafting runners from the SEC myself. It's the fastest league out there that's not the National Football League as the guys are playing against good caliber defenses week in and week out. I would take a look at Ken Darby and Kenny Irons if I were the Jets with the second of their two second round picks.