Dan Marino: "Proven" Mark Sanchez will remain the Jets' starter

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by VanderbiltJets, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That is the smartest thing you have ever said about Tebow

2. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I'm calling shenanigans on this post. You havent quoted yourself 16 times. Clearly you dont mean serious business.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Phaytal you are actually starting to be funny, maybe I can like you :beer:

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea - we all get it. You're the Cowboys fan who frequents a Jets forum to defend Tim Tebow but you support Mark Sanchez and you want everyone to know that you support Mark Sanchez because you quote yourself saying so much daily. It all makes perfect sense.

:sad:

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

you kind of make it sound so complicated.......

#265 CowboysFan, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Watch the hits he takes at the 1:32-1:34 mark and tell me he does not take big hits. He takes them well I admit but those are not the type of hits Qb's should be talking.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Link ??

10char

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That play was about the worst hit he took on the run last year. I agree, that kind of hit needs to be a rarity. But let's not pretend the one that Jaws and you selected is par for the course.

By the way, he got the first down on that play, and that's why he took the hit.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I did not pick it was just watching it and remembered that someone said Tebow does not take hits.. How come when contrary evidence is presented you claim it is one off. It is not it is in Tebows nature to run this way.

I like that about him and why he will be valuable to the jets.

jaws also showed why all Tebows scrambling around is a direct result of poor reads., jaws does a good job of breaking this down.. The sad part he is not high on Sanchez ability to read defenses either.

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I thought Jaws did a great job of showing exactly what Tebow must do to be a good NFL QB. Whether he can is an open question.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know someone says "Tebow does not take hits." You can continue the conversation with whoever that was. He takes a lot of hits -- the worst ones he takes standing in the pocket because he's slow to get rid of the ball, and he's tough. So he stands in and gets plastered a lot.

You seem almost excited about Jaws criticism of Tebow, and then disappointed that the same problems are observed with Sanchez. It's something that's blown out of proportion for Tebow, when the vast majority of young quarterbacks have to improve at that. Tebow has an elite ability to build on (his feet, size, athletic ability, long ball accuracy, and even arm strength is good) to improve from. At least he's starting with game-winning tendencies and improving from there.

Some quarterbacks throw a lot of interceptions when they are starting out (because the defense fools them or they read things wrong). Some quarterbacks are tentative with unloading the ball when they are starting out (because the defense fools them or they read things wrong). They are both manifestations of the same thing -- trying to get very comfortable with where to go with the ball. Tebow will get better each year at that.