Dalvin Cooks signs with Jets - 1 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's a mighty big if though. Ask Matt Araiza. The guy still cannot get a contract even after being cleared in spite of other draft class punters whom he bested in College making millions. There is a huge stigma by mere accusation now days, even if proven false. Now this document sealed by the judge says Cook offering a mil to her "should be admissible as evidence of Cook's consciousness of guilt." That's utter shit. Cook is a FA and is willing to give up 1 mil so that he can perhaps sign a new contract and continue his career. That's not an admission of guilt at all. Could be she wants more money.

Be that as it may though, it does look unlikely Cook will be a Jet. Though JD did try Araiza out unlike other teams. So, who knows. He may be looking at both Cook and Araiza as potential signings in case of injury/poor training camps by some existing players.

3. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

That's why I put it in bold. You always have to let it play out.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

While I agree and we do innocent until proven guilty in this country most days, the ex-girlfriend is a sergeant in the marines. Not your typical football player girlfriend so I tend to think her accusation holds a bit more weight.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed not a typical girlfriend, but I really don't know it her accusation holds more weight or not, given she is a lot more likely to whoop his ass as well. She is in fact seeking monetary damages. We need to stick with innocent until proven guilty in this case also methinks. The trial is not until next year. I don't think he should be suspended until it is determined what happened as it is not obvious what happened here until it's done.

At least he can get one year contract this year and does not have lose a year income of his career, while still in prime. This is not like Watson's case where it was obvious at the very least the guy paid for prostitutes, and could have been suspended based on that, since it is technically illegal.

#65 Borat, Jul 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  6. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Wow.

Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook together is absolutely bonkers.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Very torn. Ultimately I want him here but he’s not a necessity. When you’re making these kinds of runs with small windows I guess you stockpile and figure it out later. Also his other two suitors are the Fins and Pats. Sign this ex beast.

KY Jets Fan and joelip like this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I think Cook would be a nice insurance policy for the Jets. Even if Breece plays week 1, it will probably take him some time to get back up to speed. Could even be a year. Look how long it took Barkley to get back to being an elite level RB. Having Cook will take the pressure off of Breece. That would be a good thing.

joelip and stinkyB like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

If this meeting isn’t happening today then all he’s doing is putting pressure on Miami to up their offer. This doesn’t leak Thursday if he’s actually going to sign with the Jets Sunday. Not saying he won’t but there’s definitely a motive here.

NCJetsfan and Lon Chaney like this.
  10. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Cimini saying on Twitter that the meeting is today.

11. BroadwayAaron

He said it’s happening after his GMFB appearance tomorrow which when coupled with all the other sources saying Sunday, leads me to believe his “after” is Sunday.

12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers takes a huge pay cut and then Dalvin Cook comes to town for a visit.

Go Jets!!

egelband, bicketybam and GREG like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Looks like GMFB tomorrow, Jets Sunday. Color me skeptical.

14. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

A-wonder what the means for mike Carter is we sign cook..

B-The fact that he was just cut, not offered a reworked deal + nobodies signed him yet has me worried.

C-on the topic of the punt god, did he blow his workout or something? Cause I have to imagine he’d work very cheap..why haven’t we signed him?

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Don't let him leave the building.

I am not that high on Cook and he was actually not good last year in terms of efficiency, but he is still explosive and way better than Bam Knight and Michael Carter so I'm in.

16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'd be all in on a Cook signing on a 1-2 year deal that doesn't break the bank. 2 years/12M (5-6M guaranteed, basically 2023 fully guaranteed) would make a ton of sense and still leave us with ~10M in cap space, I believe.

Signing Cook would give us the luxury of not rushing Breece back. Let Cook be RB1 for the first 5/6/7/etc. weeks until you're sure Breece is 100% and then you let him take over and have Cook be the RB2.

If you look back at Hackett's time in GB with Rodgers, they had a great 1-2 punch with Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams/AJ Dillon. In 2019 Jones and Williams combined for ~1500 yards rushing, ~700 yards receiving, and 25 total TDs. In 2020 Jones and Williams put up ~1600 yards rushing, ~600 yards receiving, and 14 total TDs. In 2021 Jones and Dillon combined for ~1600 yards rushing, ~700 yards receiving, and 17 total TDs. Maybe Hackett has convinced Saleh to bring back that dynamic 1-2 punch in the form of Breece and Cook.

Borat and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sign this beast. It’s time to start winning

Borat and KY Jets Fan like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like there is a physical he has to pass. But based on what we have seen in camp, it looks like Bam is the best RB we have. Izzy had a nice run but is mostly with 2nd/3d team, and Carter is mostly getting stuffed. Which is not new as last year Bam also was better than him. Breece will take time getting back. I was hoping Izzy would blow up, but comments from Saleh suggests he needs a bit more time. So, now Bam is RB1 until Breece is at full strength probably mid season at best. Cook would be a much welcome addition if healthy.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I didn't see it with Knight and I hope they upgrade. He ran right into traffic too much. Yeah you can improve your vision and I hope he does but until then, it would be better to have a 4-time pro bowl talent back there in Dalvin Cook

egelband likes this.