Dalvin Cooks signs with Jets - 1 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 8, 2023.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

It will take Breece a few months to get up to speed again. The Jets don't want to pile a big workload on him hence the Cook signing. Cook can carry the weight till Breece is back and then they'll unleash a two-headed running back monster to devour yards across the NFL - Go Jets!!

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I don’t know but I sure hope so …. I like all 5 would hate to see MC leave …

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Sweet, the Jets are stacked at running back.

Either Bam or Carter probably gone. I think Bam might be the odd man out.

4. BleedJetsGreen1981

That's the thing I'm wondering too. Who gets the short end of the stick? Be great if they can carry all of them. Sucks if Carter is the low man he's been having a solid camp.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I legit think we are trading either MC or Bam Knight and I DO think both have trade value (yes, even Bam). Although with Bam probably looking at a 5th-7th round pick. With Michael Carter could probably swing a decent OT.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its been said that to win in the Winter, you need a strong running attack. If Breece can be back up to at least 80% by say Thanksgiving, having him and Cook pounding the rock will take all the pressure off the passing game for a win in December. This buys Breece more time to heal up as there is no need to rush him back. If Cook can be the Cook of a few years ago, then the Jets will have the most formidable running attack in the AFC. Will be nice to run the ball down Belichek's throat.

7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

One of the staples of a strong running attack is an offensive line.

wewantsapp, Brook!, Petrozza and 2 others like this.
  8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I have zero respect for men who can’t keep their hands to themselves and think violence against women is acceptable behavior. So I was really hoping we wouldn’t sign him. I just want to watch and root for my teams without having any moral qualms. That shouldn’t be too much to ask for but alas. Anyway, go Breece! I hope you perform so well they’ll have a hard time taking carries away from you.

Brook!, abyzmul and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  9. Cman68

Yeah, it still comes down to that however, if a trade is made for one of our excess RB's, I can see an exchange for a serviceable, durable OT. I think the OL is perhaps 1 stud away from becoming more than just ordinary. What they need more than anything else is game time together. They may have to stash Rodgers until game 1, but the OLine has to play in the preseason just to get a feel for each other and how the new running game is designed.

KY Jets Fan and JetFanInNE like this.
  10. BleedJetsGreen1981

My thoughts exactly. It definitely will suck to see Carter go, he's having a good training camp and he's a good locker room guy. But, if either Bam or Carter can sweeten the pot to land a quality OT that would be superb.

#330 BleedJetsGreen1981, Aug 14, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    ColoradoContrails, Jets79 and Cman68 like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Like many here, I think OT is a bigger need than RB but I’m also glad to have a proven RB on board too

Honestly, after seeing MC, Bam and the rookie run this weekend I would have been fine with them three until Breece is fully ready.

But I’m not going to complain about bringing in a RB of this caliber on a one year deal. Insurance against Breece not being 100% by week 1 and allows us to ease Breece in slowly

Now the big question is of course like everyone has already said…who goes? MC or Bam? We don’t need 5 RBs, and if we can trade either MC or Bam in some kind of deal for a decent OT, then that’d be a nice outcome here

12. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Kind of surprised. I thought after Saturday's game we were going to go with what we have and hold the cash for a deadline trade; Adams or Evans. Curious to see if Breece is rostered to start the season.

13. Cman68

Anaconda rounds out a really versatile RB room. We can ground and pound OR we can finesse with anyone. I think Cook is going to surprise a lot of people. Definitely expecting a bigger contribution than James Robinson.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like majority is guaranteed, according to Tom Pelissero.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What that likely means is that the deal is realistically worth about 4.5 to 5 mil guaranteed. I would be shocked if it is more than that. I wanted this move earlier at the 5 mil guaranteed price point, but after Izzy and Carter show on Saturday cooled off a bit. I am pretty sure after watching that game Cook's agent told him to take the deal while it is still on the table...

NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. Until Saturday's game, I thought if any of the previous RBs got cut, it would be Carter. He had done nothing in TC of note, and had been tackled for losses quite a few times.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He can definitely help hold the fort till Hall back, and be a good 3rd down option after.
    I think they paying him double what they should have tho.

Carter should be traded, maybe could get a 5th or 6th, Bam prob also released once Hall activated, as I can’t see keeping 5RBs (one being a FB). I’d like to keep Bam but it’s a numbers game. Carter I don’t mind losing.

Mixed feeling on the move overall. But I do applaud the aggressiveness.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Robinson was a flop...

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You aren't alone. Many of us thought/felt the same way.

20. Cman68

I think he just got cut again too...