d-brick @ 4 and mangold @ 29

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Requiem, Mar 25, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Hopefully the FO realizes the difference between Ferguson and Jones' potential is minimal, and doesn't waste that #4 pick.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Ferguson definitely is NOT in Gallery's class. Both are elite pass-blockers, the difference being that Gallery was nearly as elite as a run-blocker. Gallery was in that Pace, Ogden, Jones class. Ferguson is a level below.

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

considerig the entire FO seem so high on him / and very confident in him. i dont think they will give up on him after a year the guy improved alot from week 1 to week 17.

but then again i dont make those decisions.

4. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I agree that you need to give Jones some time too play well people figure that if you are not playing Qb then you should be at your best in the first 2 years it takes time for any player to adapt to the next level and wtf is with espn womens basketball and f**king figure skating?

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I don't agree. I don't think Gallery is anywhere near the player Brick is, nevermind Pace, Ogden or Jones. But that is alright. I could be wrong, there is a reason I am not a GM :)

And I definitely see nothing in Adrian Jones. I think he is great for doeth since he can play RT or LT, and you need versatile players like that. But I don't see him ever being more than an average LT.

6. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I'd be happy with those picks

7. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

The Saints lost Bentley which is a huge hole (Nesbit will fill hole at this time at Center)you really think the Saints would pass up on Mangold at 34 ?

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I, for one, would support this wholeheartedly. We'd have a great O-line if we did that. Brick, Kendall, Mangold, Goodwin, Jones. I know Jones is a better LT but he can be a decent RT and if he'll be playing there the rest of his career he can develop at the position...

9. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

I know. People act like Adrian Jones has his position on lock and D'Brick wouldnt be a massive upgrade over him. Franchise LTs are major and even if D'Brick might need coaching when it comes to the run, hes still a stud and a consensus top 5 pick or higher. I just dont know how people can ignore his 4 yr dominance in college. Its not like he had one good season. Hes proven himself.

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

That's because it's not true.