Cutler for pick #17

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zeike, Mar 16, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They can wait until next year to sign Mangold, he's not scheduled to be a FA until 2011.

If we trade our first round pick that would take away a big chunk of what we need to sign rookies. I'm pretty confident Tanny could swing this.

edit: The 2008 cap numbers for the 17th pick (Gosder Cherilus) was about $3m

#41 WhiteShoeWillis, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Without question, mid first rounder for a franchise QB, you do it no question's asked. But I think our 1st and 3rd this year, and 2nd next year would be the minimum for denver to take us seriously.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

TRY TO GET CUTLER

You can't worry about giving up high picks for this guy. It's worth it for a franchise QB who could be the difference in our division for years to come. The kid's got the tools to be the type of QB that can gun with the best of them. Not only that, he's a cocky SOB. When combined with the defense we are looking to install, it's an attitude that potentially could scare the crap out of opponents and get us to where we need to be.

I don't know where I'd draw the line picks-wise, but I hope Tanny will monitor the situation and be involved in this head first. This could be GREAT. Give them our first two picks THIS year. It'll be nice not having to sweat it out on day one of the draft. I can just go to Mo's that day, and try on several Cutler jerseys to see which fits best.

Go for it Tanny!

4. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I would give a 1st, 3rd and 5th plus both KC and Ratliff for Cutler. And if we get Cutler just for draft picks then we really need to cut KC so he might as well be in the trade anyway.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Why are we so against getting Cutler? We have no QB!!

6. ........

........ Trolls

Isn't this discussion completely irrelevant?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

Yes, they need to make a trade happen at this point, but what makes anyone think that they're going to go from not wanting to trade purely for draft picks to accepting a single mid-first rounder? In the span of a few days?

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

1st round pick #17

2010 2nd round pick

5th round pick

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Dammit! The Broncos still owe us for Dewayne!!

Oh l@@K......

Theres Smoke , but no fire ?

#48 gustoonarmy, Mar 16, 2009
  9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

[​IMG]

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's all part of the negotiating process. They're not going to come out and say they're going to take whatever they can get.

11. ........

........ Trolls

No, but they're also not going to allow themselves to get screwed by the Jets in the process. Especially not with McDaniels there. The original post was Cutler for #17. That's absurd. Denver will have to alter its position, as player for player trades in the NFL are incredibly rare. We'll see him dealt for draft picks, the plural being operative there. He'll likely go for 2 first rounders at the bare minimum, or to a package involving a much higher draft pick than ours. I could see SF or Detroit swinging a deal involving their first rounders. Given the sliding value of future picks, we'd have to give up a whole lot to keep up.

12. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

We needed another Jay Cutler thread......................:rolleyes:

13. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Well if we do happen to go for Cutler id say this... Cutler>Sanchez>Freeman he is in the league and i thought we should of tried to get him that year in the draft so he has low mileage and is starting to come into his own.. I could picture cutler in a jets uniform

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, it's the offseason, since when did reality have anything to do with trade scenarios? 'It's just for fun.'

15. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

We may get culter, because Daniels may be mad at former team for not giving him cassel. 17 and one of our qbs would be sufficient compensation for a disgruntled culter. Then we go and sign Jones to a one year clause filled contract, draft Gilbert in the second and we have a great year on offense and on defense.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Could we at least do a realistic one, then? Denver gets 3 great years out of Cutler and ships him off for a lower draft pick than the team used on him?

17. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

If the Jets got Cutler...

[​IMG]

#57 Gubernaculum, Mar 16, 2009
  18. doug4563

doug4563 Member

Broncos control the fate of Cutler and aren't going to take anything less than his value. There are too many teams in need of a solid QB. That alone will assure that the Broncos get market value for him. Plus whatever team gets Cutler is going to sign him to a new deal. I have a strong feeling that this whole thing was orchestrated by Bus Cook to get Cutler a top dollar contract instead of playing out his rookie deal.

19. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I would be happy to give Denver our entire draft in exchange for their 1st and Cutler. Pick up a WR with the first and see what we have.

But I’d still also like to punch Cutler in his crap lousy face.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This board has gone retarded. So in your retarded scenario if the Broncos demanded THIS years number ! you wouldnt give it to them because of some unproven WR? HAHAHAHA Like there wont be anohter Nicks in mext years draft and in every draft until the end of time