cut kellen clemens now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I said that.

Ego.

IF Sanchez goes down...Clemens starts the next game,

Brunell is a mentor nothing more.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

See above.

EGO only.

If you think Mark Brunell is starting more than one game for this team, this argument isn't the introspectively lacking element.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I dunno how the fuck you think Clemens can win 10 games

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Or how you can possibly quantify the downgrade between Clemens and O'Connell and Brunell. Who the hell knows how any of them would do in an extended tryout. I have little faith in either of them. I think KC would do better than Brunell, but to say he's more important than Revis is laughable.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I believe this.

I think letting KC go without a backup who isn't 80 years old is a mistake.
    KC knows the PB, even if he has trouble executing it in real NFL games, he still knows it.
    I know it was a pre season game, but he did look a whole lot better.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

There is nothing wrong with dangling Clemens on the hook and putting him in some preseason action that may make him look better than he is. You never know what will happen as the preseason plays out what injuries will happen that might change a teams reluctance to pick him up for something. It could happen. I think it will be slim, but it is just possible.

We have held onto him this long, is another few weeks really going to be a big deal to anyone other than Tomboob?

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Maybe we can get back that guy we dumped on the Browns 2 years ago- you know, the kid who was going to get us to the Superbowl.

8. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

ahhhhhhh!

Kill it! Kill it!

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Other than that Chad Fans hated on Clemens back when Chadwick was sucking hard, I have never understood the hatred for Clemens.

10. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

No, that is not my argument, it isn't as simple as that.

The team's Super Bowl hopes are in trouble if Sanchez goes down, regardless of who the backup is. Clemens, Brunell, O'Connell.....it doesn't matter. Revis is important because right now he's the difference between Coleman and Lowery being on the field a lot vs. not as much. I would, however say that Sanchez is more important than Revis (not better, just more important). This year isn't about keeping the ship afloat, its about plowing all the other ships into the water.

11. bojanglesman

I don't have anything against Clemens, I think he's a pretty good backup QB. He hasn't said anything wrong, he hasn't complained. He's just not an NFL starter.

12. OnRevisIsland

OnRevisIsland New Member

Agree with BoJangles. There simply aren't backup quarterbacks in the NFL that can sustain a level of play that the starter can. Whether it's Mark, Peyton, Brady, Brees etc... if any of them are injured for a significant portion of time, they are done. Even the great Matt Cassel couldn't overcome.

It's Mark or bust.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I think it is almost impossible for us to win 6-8 games with Clemens as the QB. Especially if we do not have Darrelle Revis.

Without or without Revis we will be a top 5 defense.

But yeah comparing Kellen Clemens to Darrelle Revis in value to a football team is absurd, and downright mentally crazy.

14. bojanglesman

I bet we could pull off 6-8 wins with Clemens in there, but we certainly wouldn't be a Super Bowl caliber team.

I think we could still be an upper-echelon defense without Revis, but that's assuming no one gets hurt. If Cro or Wilson went down for a period of time, we could quickly become a mediocre pass defense. Peyton Manning would be able to throw left-handed for 300 yards against us.

I really don't see how anyone could compare Revis' importance to Kellen Clemens at all.

#74 bojanglesman, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

team morale would be at an ultimate low with Kellen Clemens starting too. Were gonna win alot of games this year with Sanchez, and hes gonna be the reason for it.

16. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Brett Ratliff, our preseason Joe Namath! :smile:

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Looks like the Giants need a backup. Any chance we ship Clemens up to Albany?

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think the Jets are going to hold on to KC, obviously the guy needs to be pretty consistent but he won the game he was asked to win for us last year when Sanchez was hurt even though he didn't execute well he didn't screw up. There's no reason to think that with the players the Jets brought in to the offense this season that he hasn't gained confidence in his ability or that it all of a sudden clicked. I think the team is good enough that they could still be a playoff team with KC or Brunell but I'd prefer not to see it.

19. EAF29

EAF29 Member

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

No way the Giants take a back-up QB from the Jets.