Curtis Martin: off the field...

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by crazylion26, Nov 17, 2006.

1. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

I just wanted to share my story about CMart...

I work at a very high profile place, that I will not mention. Being one of the managers there, I normally have to deal with special guests single handedly. Just as an example, I've delt with celebrities such as George Clooney, Matt Damon, Billy Joel, LL Cool J, Billy Bob Thornton, Opra (even though I'm not a fan), U2, you get the picture. Tonight, it was Curtis Martin. I wont say where it was, or what he was doing there, all I can say is that I had to help him out for about an hour, and had the pleasure of dealing with him on a one-on-one basis.

I have to say, and many of you already know, he is one of the most amazing, generous, humble, appreciative person that I have delt with thus far. His attitude is top notch. He exemplifies nothing but class. Truely someone you pride yourself being around.

We spoke a lot, and even tapped into his career and the knee. Again, for his privacy, and my job security, I won't go into detail any further than that, but the fact that he was so open about everything. He truely is a remarkable man.

After shaking his hand, and walking away, I can honestly say that I am proud to be a Jet fan, knowing that he represents what and who we are.

Good luck to you Curtis, whatever you may do. And thank you for everything you've done for us.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Thats pretty awesome man.

This belongs in the Jets experience forum though...still cool though man.

3. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

What's even more amazing is the fact that you are able to work with all these people and you can't even spell truly.

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

who cares if he spells a word wrong? Thats really a great story. Its so disappointing when your idols that appear such great people in the public eye turn out to be dickheads. I knew Curtis wasnt like that though

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Opra went to a strip club???? Cool!! I heard she'd gotten busted at JFK for smuggling drugs. Yeah, security looked up her dress and found 50 pounds of crack...:rofl:

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

What's the going rate for a lapdance? And contrary to what Chris Rock says, is there or is there not sex in the champagne room?

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

What's amazing is your lack of reading comprehension. Nowhere in the article did he say that he "worked" with any of these people. Rather, the individuals listed were visitors to the establishment he manages.

If you're going to call someone to the carpet, at least make sure that you have the story straight...Otherwise, you'll appear to be even less intelligent than the victim of your initial tounge lashing...

Great story by the way- just ribbing you about the strip-club inuendo.

8. baamf

baamf Active Member

Cool story, thanks for sharing. I have also met Curtis (albeit in not as personal a setting as you describe) and can reiterate all the same qualities you spoke of. A very special person indeed....