Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm just going by the fact that with Payne, the Jets only have 5 WRs. Also there were reports earlier this week that the Jets wanted to keep him around even with his injury

2. 624

624 Banned

Joe McKnight could play spot slot receiver if necessary.

We also have Cumberland and Keller, I'm not too concerned about having 4 active WR's.

3. boxorox

boxorox Banned

They were competing for the same roster numbers. Those were 2 guys [mostly Lankster] that I could see them deciding to just go with over Maybin for special teams or future value. When Lankster is gone I think Maybin's stock has gone up tremendously. The only way Maybin gets cut now is if they decide to keep Logan Payne AND Cook.

4. Mangold Goldman

Maybe theyre eyeing a receiver on the market? How long will Payne be out, and how much did he really prove?

And would we really go with just 4 wrs if Payne is out for a significant amount of time?

5. boxorox

boxorox Banned

Truth. Either that or he potentially fills a desperate need for no money without having to be all that special as an overall player.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    #Jets roster currently at 59. A little more than an hour left to get down to 53. Here's the updated roster + cuts: nydn.us/po7hdk #nyj

He says 6 to go which means at least 7 or 8 if they want to pick up a QB and maybe something else.

7. boxorox

boxorox Banned

Also god no...do not bring back Kellen Clemens. We've been waiting like 30 years to get rid of that useless fool. We have two promising young backups and we need to not regress for 6 weeks of marginal utility. I'd rather have old injured as Brunell out there than Kellen anyway.

8. boxorox

boxorox Banned

NO QB!!!

#1 Olineman
    #2 WR
    #173 QB

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Maybin missed way to many sure tackles. To play for REX, you have to hit and make the tackle, not run around fast with your head cut off. He showed flashes, thats all.

Maybe we cut Drew Willy and hope to hude him on PS also. I see us going down to 50 to 51 players and Tanny getting busy. Our roster same as others will change throughuot the entire season. We will get some OL for sure and split between a WR, another OL or a veteran QB. DB is also an option. Nope, Clemmons sucks bad, but he does know the system.

10. Don

They have said they want to bring in a QB, not me.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Drew Willy was reported to be cut and placed on the practice squad if possible

12. Don

We cut Willy yesterday...hope he clears waivers so they can put him on the PS.

13. boxorox

boxorox Banned

I would consent to cutting Maybin if they're really going to go out and pick up about 3 guys that fill other needs. Personally I'd send a different LB packing before him though anyway. Obviously that won't be the case at least in the first instance.

14. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

As of right now we have 59 players.

I see us cutting
    2 Safeties Wilson and someone (Lowery or Cook(
    2 Cornernbacks Trufant and Posey
    1 O-lineman Felix or Kroul (the one that is dropped will be on the PS pending on passing waivers).

The last player is either
    McKnight
    Berning
    Maybin
    Tevaseu
    or Gilbert

Personally Id like to see either MTV or Berning go.

Berning played great but it was against 3rd stringers. If he gets picked up off waivers, oh well. We still have Bellore and Mauga
    MTV played against starters but we have Sione and Kenrick ATM and Dixon can be our 3rd NT if need be.

I think we have depth at both of these positions and these guys are luxuries.

There is no real reason to keep more than 9 DBs. Unfortunately none of the top 9 DBs are fit to play special teams except maybe Cole and Cook. That being said, thats not much depth.

#194 inSANITy, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  15. Don

They would have to cut Maybin and two others if they want to go out and pick up 3 other guys.

16. boxorox

boxorox Banned

to be fair I wasn't thinking that Willy hasn't cleared waivers yet. Assuming he doesn't AND they have no confidence in Brunell yeah it could be a top priority. Right now I don't have any reason to believe either.

17. 624

624 Banned

Why is McKnight on this list?

18. boxorox

boxorox Banned

that's what I said lol

19. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I've heard that Rex isn't happy with McKnight. I don't know if where I heard this from is credible, so take this with a grain of salt. That being said it is a position that we already have alot of depth at.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You heard it from incarcerated bob, because he's the only person that's reported that.

Stop posting stupid shit.