Culpepper's Making Progress....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BLITZKRIEG, May 14, 2006.

1. RonnieB23

RonnieB23 New Member

Give me a break, you guys have the in the East and probably in the AFC. Who's your big FA, A.Dyson:rofl2: not exacly a shutdown corner, i'll take Allen over him any time.

better than ours...:lol:

2. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

we have "the" in the east?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Barrett, Miller, Dyson at the Corners and Coleman, Rhodes, washington at the Safeties along w/ Strait at the Nickel. That's better than Travis Daniels, Will Allen, Will poole at the corners and Travaris Tillman, Deke Cooper and Jason Allen at the S's.

Dyson may not be a shutdown corner but Allen is???? Keep in mind the Giants threw boatloads of Money at aging, declining Sam Madison rather than keeping Allen for cheaper- I wonder why that is?

4. RonnieB23

RonnieB23 New Member

'cause they're from NY, I stop tryin' to figure you out, it was a bad move.
    Allen, Daniels, Poole are better at cb, no doubt. J.Allen will be a force at FS. Bottom line we have better talent and a DB wiz for coach.

5. nyjunc

Of course it was a bad move, only the dolphins make good moves. it was also a bad move for the Browns to shell out $20+ mil for OL while they still had LJ Shelton on the roster but Miami picked him up and it was a great move. Getting career under .500 QB(while his team is OVER .500 w/o him) was a GREAT move! All the moves have been amazing, start buying those SB tix dolphin fans(since the game is being played in miami I wonder if the dolphins made it if there would be a blackout?) b/c there's no stopping the freight train that is the Miami Dolphins!

6. RonnieB23

RonnieB23 New Member

Couldn't have said it better my self.

7. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Um, didn't Magahee wind up missing his entire rookie year? Not a good example.

8. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

You are in for a rude awakening with Allen. All the coaching in the world will never change the fact that for all of his athleticism, all of his measurables he will consistently f### up the fundamentals. Will Allen may be one of the worst CB's in the leauge as far as ball skills are concerned. He's easily rattled after he's initially been beaten and you will notice how that affects his tackling as well.

He will fool you for a game or two, but the real Will Allen is never far away.

#28 GreenGiant 32, May 15, 2006
    Last edited: May 15, 2006
  9. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Nobody has seen Allen play in a Phinz uniform yet, so assumptions are alittle early at this stage in my opinion. Most Giants fans liked him in terms of coverage skills, but said he had trouble hauling in INT's. Coming into a new defense could change everything, so until we see him in action, it's an unknown on Allen....

10. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Anything is possible. But I just don't see it. He is what he is at this point in his career. He's going into his 6th year and up until last year he was still consistently making rookie mistakes. It's really a shame you don't get credit for almost making a play or dropping a sure INT. Or Allen would would be a probowler every year. Can't complain much about is cover skills he generally did a good job of sticking to his man. But to what end, if the ball still reached it's target more often than not?

11. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I look at Madison / Allen much in the same way. Decent, yet nothing spectacular. I doubt Allen will be much of an upgrade, but I don't think he'll be a downgrade either. With W. Poole coming back, and younger / faster group of starting S's, I think our secondary will be better overall....

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'd have to say the Iron Bowl - Auburn v. Alabama. That would be a helluva take.

13. nyjunc

That is a fair assessment, most Phin fans I have seen act like you just got Lester hayes in his prime.

14. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

You Dolphins guys are smart. Who the heck starts the season with 3 BIG question marks at QB? Who?
    No one with a brain......

15. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

I guess you missed Willis McGahee who suffered the exact same injury, and also used Dr Andrews?

16. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

GREAT example. McGahee tore up the field in his 2nd year. I honestly don't care if Culpepper plays a game in 2006. I'm much more concerned with having him around for 5-6 years, and a full recovery will bring that to us. If Culpepper plays in 2006, that's great...icing on the cake. If not, no biggy. He cost us a 2nd round pick...and planety of 2nd round picks don't play their first year.

17. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

And then you woke up....

18. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 New Member

WHO I ASK! WHO WOULD START THE SEASON WITH 3 QUESTIONABLE *coughPennington, Ramsey, Clemenscough* QBS??

I am not sure if what you said was sarcasm or not, it didn't come through if it did, but I would much rather have Culpep, Harrington and Lemon than your 3.

19. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Yeah and i would rather have my defense then yours.

20. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

What defense??....