Crunching the numbers: Week 4 Special Teams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Sep 30, 2009.

1. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

I think I'm the one who screwed up .... Somehow I missed the NET in your original post .... I am pretty sure you are correct and the NET that you speak of is the true net and I was subtracting the return yds from the NET .... DUH !!! ....

Agree with your Feely "feelings", I somehow cringe everytime he kicks, but he keeps on splitting the uprights so maybe it's us that are screwed up LOL

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

The Jets hit harder on ST. Brad Smith is a special teams ace. I'm so impressed with his size and always being first to the ball. Heads up play to take out the rookie in the Tenn game from recovering his fumble.

Special teams in this type of game is crucial and can overcome the offensive deficit the Jets have not being able to match the mighty Brees attack. The guy is fearless throwing deep. Between special teams and defense they should be able to negotiate through this game close enough to give Sanchise a shot. That's all you can ask for. Have fun and knock peoples heads off. I dont think New Orleans can match in the physical dept.