Crowder was a stud sunday. should have had 3 TDs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 1, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he had time to turn his head, he just locked into moore. fant did get blown up and ty had a half ass attempt at a block but he had enough time. zach issue is he won't sit in the pocket and make the throw. he bails too early

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I disagree that he had any chance of getting to the other side of the field. I will agree he has bailing early. Again, young QB issues. I do not see anything other than young QB. To be better than young QB he has to grow and I want to see that growth. The first step is cut out the stupid pick and he has done that. he might be overly gun-shy but you cant be a turnover machine in this league. Lets what he does next week and capitalize on some of these plays.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

C’mon this is what happens when you lock onto a receiver.

Jonathan_Vilma, FJF and abyzmul like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

In the beginning of the year he was looking downfield and was criticized for looking to make the big play and not using his check downs and keeping drive alive.

Now he’s forcing the safe plays and subconsciously is trying to use Elijah Moore since he is becoming a playmaker.

I’m simply stating that a rookie with 7 games of NFL experience is going to think about everything and battle with decision making.

He’s trying to apply what the CS is teaching him.

He started to relax when the running game was used a little more and the bulk of offense was taken off his shoulders.

5. GasedAndConfused

he can look downfield and know his outlets, if it isn't downfield and pressure is coming check it down or sail it OOB over your checkdowns head if he isn't covered. I know it's easier said then done but he has to learn. i'm not gonna give him shit, it's only his 6th game but he has some work to put in for sure

Red Menace likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

i'm not down on zach. just pointing out what he needs to improve on

cval likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. I think LeFlour is displaying some great play calling ability and clever schemes for both the run and the pass. The struggle is with Wilson executing his read progressions timidly instead of abandoning the play too soon and scrambling. It’s confidence in his reads and trust in the protection that need to improve.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Crowder has always been a stud, managing to produce despite always having sub par QBs.

Why we burnt a bridge with him this year makes no sense to me.
    But most of this board was applauding it like they do no matter what move we make.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

How many years did Aaron Rogers sit before he played?