Cromartie Eager for Fresh Start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Cromartie is 3 years younger than Sheppard..hell, he is only a year older than Revis..there is a much better chance he will return to form in a blitzing attack..shouldn't even be a point of discussion or comparison.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I guess I just get tired of hearing about fresh new starts. Until it shows up on the field, I don't care. We'll see. I'm hopeful. Seems like the guy has the ability, just a matter of getting it out of him. Maybe being on the number 2 receiver will increase those INT #'s more.

Maybe Rex should promise him an extremely fertile whore for every interception he gets.

On a positive note, he'll have to play well to financially support all 800 of his kids with the pending paternity suits, so there's one motivating factor.

#22 bojanglesman, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

of course he is eager for a fresh start.he doesnt have any kids in the northeast and he is excited about tapping some sweet puntang in the tri state area

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I just noticed all of the bible quotes on his Twitter. My guess is he decided to run head-long into some of the more conservative Christian values once he saw the child support bills coming in.:rofl:
    His age definitely makes him a better candidate than Sheppard but considering all of the people that we have to resign, I think we're just rent him for a second rounder. If he winds up making the Pro Bowl and there is no lockout in 2011, I wouldn't be surprised to see a tag-and-trade situation develop. We still need another CB so picking up someone in the draft is a possibility.

Realistically, I'm just hoping for one good season from him. Enough to help keep Manning in check should we see him in the playoffs.

#24 CatoTheElder, Mar 6, 2010
  5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's the same as writing that Cromartie covers like Deion Sanders and tackles like Deion Sanders.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't pay much attention to Pro Bowls because the voting is too messed up.

I do pay attention to All-Pro honors, though.

Some of the great cornerback tandems-

Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield, Cleveland
    Both were selected 1st team All-Pro in 1987 by the PFWA, Sporting News, and Pro Football Weekly. Dixon was selected to the Associated Press 1st team and Minnifield the 2nd team. 1986 and 1988 were the two other years when both received some sort of All-Pro recognition.

Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes, L.A. Raiders

Eric Wright and Ronnie Lott, SF

Lemar Parrish and Ken Riley, Cincinnati

Those four pairs all saw All-Pro honors in the same season. There are some others, too- Dick LeBeau and Lem Barney with Detroit, Pat Thomas and Rod Perry with L.A., and Mark Collins and Dale Carter with Kansas City. If you want to go back to the pre-Super Bowl days, you will find several more excellent tandems.

#26 Cakes, Mar 6, 2010
  7. FSU Noles 850

FSU Noles 850 New Member

I went to FSU when Cromartie was here, and let me just say that I am pumped to see him in Green and White. He was really solid when he was at FSU, and I definitely expect nothing but the same.

8. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

He knows his weaknesses and wants to improve on them, I like what I am hearing.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Cromartie never looked like he belonged in San Diego, aside from the fact that the entire team is a bunch of pre-Madonnas. I honestly think that playing on a defense considered best in the league will give him the motivation he needs to be an animal. Plus with Rexy coaching him...:up: