Could we make a trade for Stewart?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetscrazy87, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I would rather have Stewart than Williams. Williams hasnt lived up to the hype and struggles to stay healthy. Are there any rumors that the Panthers are looking to trade one of their backs or no?

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Regardless of their health, Stewart's in a contract year whereas Williams has already been signed to a fat extension.

There haven't been any rumors about whether the Panthers are definitively looking to trade one of the backs, but logistically, I don't see how they don't end up trading Stewart or Goodson.

3. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

back to Tebow, for a 6th rounder? He is a prototypical H-back with great size, speed, deceptiveness and pass catching ability. Then could play the wildcat role too. I would love this trade if Tebow was clear he's not here to play QB assuming Sanchez stays healthy...

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Wrong thread. This is a thread about a player that could change the dynamics of this offense, not someone who would ride the bench.

5. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Another back is a luxury we cant obtain right now. Well that's how i feel.

Find that pass rusher. And make the o-line elite again.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

A #1 back on a ground and pound team that doesnt have one is not a luxury.

I’ve said this many times, the RB position is one of the most overlooked holes by this fan board. You look at a team like Carolina who isnt a “ground and pound” team like the Jets, and they have 3 RB’s who are better than everyone on the Jets' roster.

The Jets backfield is not up to par for a team that defines themselves by the running game.

7. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

if we're serious about winning we need a beast RB like Stewart or Bush

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

yuuuup! Ground 'n pound! Keep Greene fresh, 2nd half of the year back/playoffs. Pound the football, hit the defense off guard with play-action homerun.

Bush or Stewart would be highly welcomed additions.

Still need a RT.

9. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I'd give up a second and a late rounder for Jonathan Stewart or a third and another late rounder for Deangelo

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm in. I've been pushing for Stewart for a while now.

01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
    11-15-2011, 01:10 AM

11. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I keep saying we need a work horse at RB

whether its Trent Richardson, Jonathan Stewart or Lamar Miller I want an all purpose RB to make this offense more dynamic, no DC is gonna gameplan for Shonn Greene

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Either Bush or Stewart would become the starter and it would be Greene keeping them fresh.

13. steves850

steves850 Active Member

If Stewart is unobtainable then they need to bring Bush in, his price must be dropping if he hasn't been signed yet.

14. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I think trading picks for Stewart is a mistake. RB issue can be addressed on this years draft if that was the major concern for everyone. Llamar Miller may fall, Doug Martin will definitely fall. Michael Bush IMO is as good as Stewart and is available as others mentioned. Trading picks in a time where we are trying to add depth is a no no.

15. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Running back is the easiest position to fill with the draft.

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i think this would be a good move on our part as long as we aren't giving up 2 first round picks or something crazy like that

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

this.

Also, Stewart is nice player, but why should the JETS lose a draft pick for another guy on the last year of his deal..... so there's a good chance he becomes another 1 year rental for a 3rd rd pick?

If they really want another veteran back, may as well see what it would take to entice M. Bush. (who if not for an injury his senior year would've been a 1st rd pick) and save that 3rd to spend it elsewhere on the team.

18. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Bush is not even close to Stewart. If you trade for Stewart you HAVE to sign him to extention. It's exactly what the Jet's did when they trsded for Thomas Jones.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The logic of going with Green Ellis is taht he would be cheaper. Since the Jets still need a pass rusher, presumably from ROLB, and to upgrade the OL, starting with RT, a change of pace to complement Greene is a third level priority. Stewart is likely to be too expensive.

20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

go with greene/mcknight/powell this year and use a comp pick on a RB prospect with potential ... if the o-line is fixed, they should do well

everyone admits that the o-line was sub-par last year and greene still put up over 1000 yards with 4.2 ypc

the jets should not be trading any of their first 3 draft picks, imo ... we need help at G/T, OLB, S and WR before RB