Could the Patriots cut Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by nixhead, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Wait a minute. I was with you on not dismissing Ocho, but 1300 yards and 10+ TDs? Come on. He's hit double digits in TDs once in his life, and 1300 yards would put him Top 5 in yards, where he hasn't been in almost 5 years. I don't care how big of a jump it is from Palmer to Brady...he's not seeing those numbers.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hell no, not in that offense.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

its to bring fear to those two players not the team

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

The Bengals offense sucked last year. He still managed 800+yards last yr. He had over 1000 yards n 9 TDs a yr earlier in an ineffective offense.

Randy moss went to Brady after a 500 yard season. He had a record season. If the Patriots make him a true part of the offense, Chad will easily hit 10 TDs. And a 1300 yard season is not far stretched at all. He was a regular 1000+ yard catcher in Cincy besides last yr n the yr Palmer was injured.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He will have a really tough time doing that now especially since the origin of the story is their front office. Don't think for a second it will go away just because he wants it to.

6. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Where in there does it say it's a Patriots front office person that said that?

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Trading a draft pick(s) for a player whom you intend to cut a couple weeks later? Yeah, okay...

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it doesn't matter that the Bengals offense sucked, what matters is how many times they threw to him and how many more times the Pats will throw to him to increase those numbers significantly.

Ocho isn't a threat the way Moss was, and Brady has a lot of weapons at his disposal, so there is no reason to believe Ocho is going to see the amount of passes that Moss did that would result in the same type of increase of his production.

Ocho makes the Patriots offense better, but it in no way means that result is going to be a dominating year for him.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Belichik doesn't care! He just doesn't acknowledge any of that stuff. He could care less what is put out in the papers or internet. He knows what is going on inside that organization and probably finds it humorous when this shit comes out. It's not a big deal for the Pats. Rumors are just rumors.

10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Trading picks away to prove a point? That seems a little far-fetched. If they cut, it'll because they aren't worth the money.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Just to get the obvious out of the way, there's a huge difference between 1000 yards and 1300 yards. 17 guys had 1000 yards receiving. 3 had 1300. Of course, that doesn't make much of a difference given that I don't care what he did in Cincinnati where he was a clear #1. He's not going to be a clear #1 in the Patriots offense unless it suddenly ceases to be the Patriots offense again. He may sniff 10 TDs if he has a phenomenal season, but I'm guessing his entry into the offense signals a desire to further spread the ball, not concentrate touches in his hands.

Moss is a terrible example since 2007 is a complete anomaly for the Patriots. He was 30 years old and the Pats completely shifted their offense for that year. There's a reason why Moss was shipped out of town last year. The Pats went back to the Patriot way and the Patriot system. Ocho was brough in to be a sure-handed and reliable option who excels running his routes, which is what the Pats have traditionally valued above all else. He'll be AN option, not the primary focus of the offense.

12. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Great post.

13. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

please cut haynesworth. this way we can all laugh at Skip Bayless

14. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

...almost worth it. But as a Pats fan I have to hope he works out. Skip annoys the shit out of me though.

Did you see how pissy he got about Ochocinco saying he's going to live with a fan? Skip sounded like he invested a serious amount of stock into Ocho never saying a single word and nearly cried when it happened. He also made it sound like that one thing Ocho said made him completely revert to how he acted in Cinci.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

He is better than Branch. Wes is not a #1 or a #2 wr. He is the slot receiver. Chad does become #1 in that offense with Branch as #2 n Wes as the slot. Spread offense is the only thing that can stop him getting 1300 yards, but even Branch had a season that would equate to over 1000 yards over 16 games last yr.

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

This :rofl:

17. nixhead

nixhead Banned

I flippin hate Skip Bayless! I want him to eat his words really badly. Also the Jets showed the world how to beat the Pats in the playoffs and getting to Tom Brady was just part of how they did it. The Jets got to Tom Brady because they disrupted all of their timing patterns to their recievers and tight ends. The Jets consistantly hit everybody coming off the line basically ruining the timing between Brady and his recieving crew. This made Brady hesitant and gave the Jets some xtra time to get to him. I think the Patriots acquired Ocho to maybe negate some of this strategy employed by the Jets. I expect Ocho will have about 40 catches for 700 yards and 5 td's - somewhere in that area - if he stays healthy.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Interesting:

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

bullshit, move along

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I will believe it when I see it, I remember a similar story coming out about Moss in 2007 and all he did was catch a million TDs and the Pats went undefeated.