Could Tebow become the next Moose?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jets31, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

He gets it.

2. PuMa

PuMa Banned

There obviously was a reason Why

3. Mangold Goldman

Thats just your opinion.

My opinion (and the opinion of most everyone else) is that Tebow would not have gotten us first downs or touchdowns.

Agree to disagree

4. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Tebow haters unite.

He gives a better chance at the W than Sanchez. Game on the line I want the ball in Tebows hands not Sanchez.

5. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I can see Tebow at Tight End, but not fullback.

Praise Revis he never started at QB.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

tebows play under sparano was pretty one dimensional.

perhaps there would be less INT's but really thats only because there would be less throws and more runs.

defenses would figure it out pretty quick that he's not throwing deep and that playing to the run will stop them every time.

he might score every once in a while but I really don't think theres much more benefit to playing him over Sanchez.

really his best hope is to find a new role or get out of the league and try elsewhere.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

As bad as Sanchez is Tebow is worse.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No one is worse than Sanchez , not even Blame Gabbert .

#28 CowboysFan, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Because Tebow can only run a gimmick offense, a coach really can't just "give him a chance" in the middle of a season. A completely new offense has to be run, and one week leading up to a game isn't clear to enough practice time.

I don't think Tebow can be a successful QB in the NFL, but if he's ever given a chance it would have to be a team where he is the unquestioned starter because he requires a specialty offense. As bad a starter as he is, he's actually even worse as a backup.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

All I can say to this is that you clearly do not understand football but you obviously like Tebow a lot.

11. Br4d

You earn your chances. Tebow hasn't earned his chances at the NFL level. He hasn't put in the hard work that every player needs to put in to get on the field. You can't lift your way to a starting QB position on an NFL team. You have to do all the required stuff and then you have to do the little things also. Tebow doesn't even do the required stuff, he's a poor performer in practice who does not lead practices well either, as the QB has to do.

Just trust in me doesn't work at the NFL level. The QB is like a manager on the field and off and Tebow hasn't passed the sniff test there. Then you look at his mechanics, which are correctable but haven't been, and the results they lead to in terms of offensive efficiency and it is clear that if Tebow didn't have the media things going he'd be out of the NFL by now.

He will be out of the NFL shortly.

You earn a starting QB position.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is that why Tebow couldn't pass Sanchez or MacElroy on the depth chart? LOL. Another tebot, another failure to acknowledge reality. yawn.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Sanchez is a terrible quarterback

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You know the QB coach refuted that and so did westhoff . Two Jets coaches said he was fine in practice but I guess if you repeat one thing enough perception becomes reality .

The media tracked every snap in pre season during practice , it was neck and neck until the last week where Sanchez did very well.

Tebow got beat out by one of the worst QBs in the entire NFL ( starter or bench ), that's definitely on Tebow but in my opinion the whole he practices bad thing is a myth as far as his time on the Jets is concerned.

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yup.

16. Br4d

I just don't buy it. Sanchez was so bad for long stretches of time last year that if Tebow had shown anything in practice, even the slightest hint, that he was the answer he'd have gotten a shot.

Sanchez beating Tebow out at the beginning of the season? Sure, that could easily be a bias towards Sanchez. Sanchez keeping his job when he was blowing chunks? That's on the other guys.

17. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

He was thinking long term, and knew he would lose credibility in the locker room by starting Tebow, who is mainly perceived as a "ticket seller" more than a true NFL QB.

Everything aside, the worst argument is Rex didn't want to win with Tebow because it would prove they're wrong about Sanchez. IF Tebow did give the Jets a better chance to win than Sanchez, you think Rex wouldnt start him? The key for a HC to keep his job is to WIN, not stick by a player or show loyalty.

Finally, IF Tebow is such a solid option at QB, then why the hell hasn't Cleveland, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Tennessee, Oakland, KC (before Smith trade), Arizona, etc wouldn't offer up a mid round pick for him??? Even at his peak, he was traded for a 4th and 6th??? Matt Cassel was traded for a high 2nd rounder and he had roughly the same amount of starts as Tebow did when he was traded.

I wish Tebow the best of luck, and hope he has a successful NFL career, but that doesn't mean it will cloud my judgement and go against indisputable facts (such as the extremely low demand for him by NFL teams). I actually feel bad for him that he can't escape the circus of fans that follow him like a cult and will cause all sorts of problems/controversies for whatever team gives him a chance potentially.

Sent from my LG-P999

18. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I'll answer that question in the form of a picture...

[​IMG]

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Who cares? He is a VERY mediocre passer who can only run and throw one kind of pass. ...and you can't just live off the long ball.

So boo hoo, he didn't get to start against the Bills. Jets wanted to give their other guy a look. They already seen enough of Tebow and didn't want him. Why take him out for a spin if they aren't big believers in his game at QB?

Think about it. You bought the car for your teenager to play with. You know it runs okay, but can't even pass a Yugo on the street. Better to let the kids play with it and drive your other junker clunker until you can afford something better.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Yeah, blame it on a tatoo. It sure as hell didn't stop him from benching Sanchez and playing McElroy, but hey, the Tatoo only works for Tebust.

Face it. The perception OUTSIDE of Teboner Land is that he sucks. He simply hasn't done enough to win the confidence of coaches to get playing time at QB, which is why he got more time for wildcat and punt protection.

I find it odd that so many HONESTLY think a tatoo has more to do with it, or that the Jets were somehow afraid Tebow would win them some games and just couldn't have that. They ACTUALLY find that more plausible than the coaches simply not being big believers in the Tebow magic.