Could Tebow become the next Moose?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jets31, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He would make a great "gadget player" fb/hb/te. He is a great athlete.

3. PuMa

PuMa Banned

He won't do it he will be offended and take his inaccurate ass out of here

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Runningback conversions are hard to do. Playing the position is as much a state of mind as anything else. If you're not looking for hard contact on every play you're not going to survive the grind.

FB is easier than HB though. FB's hit people instead of getting hit.

5. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Agree he was never really given a chance here. Sanchez was bad what was Rex Ryan thinking not inserting Tebow as the QB last season.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rex was thinking that Tebow is not a QB in a regular NFL offense and that the notion of converting the Jets to a spread option on the fly was nuttier than the notion of letting Sanchez keep throwing picks.

He was right.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Tebow can be a weapon, as we all know, at various positions.
    FB & TE would be great options for him, especially with the threat of the option pass.
    The only issue is his willingness to embrace the fact that he isn't going to be a QB.

8. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Tebow was a better option than very bad Sanchez. Rex should have been fired for this. Tebow would have given us at least 2-4 more wins last season.

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

There must be some reason he's still on the roster, its not like we've had to turn down any trade offers. I hope it happens that way since I was one of the dumbasses that layed down $100 on a Tebow jersey last year. I'll never live that down.

10. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Still a good purchase. Hes a quality athlete and a gamer. You are showing your support for Tebow and not bashing him over nothing like many others.

11. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Rex should have been fired for picking the more accurate QB? Which doesn't say much for tebow. And tebow wouldn't have supplied us with much of anything we don't have to seal with now. We still need a franchise QB we still need a identity we still need a pass rusher review doesn't solve ANYTHING . If we went with review the media would still bash the move and RR would still be on the hot seat

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Tebow isn't an NFL QB imo there's no point in wasting time with him there, however, if he's on your roster, it makes great sense to use him at a variety of other spots. He is a huge decoy, at the least. He can obviously run the football with good power.

13. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

The only problem I had with the REX TEBOW fiasco is why not just put him in against the BILLS? It was the last game of the season, a meaningless game, just let him have it. We bought the car, take it out for a spin! Rex said Sanchez gave us the best chance to win and we still lost. What's the difference? I want to see with my own eyes if Tebow if progressed from his time with Denver or not if we handed him the offense but I guess I never got to see. I was just curious.

#13 JETS2013, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's possible that Morningwig sees potential uses for Tebow that Sparano never could.

No doubt Idzik is looking for a trade partner that Tebow would be happy with but when that fails Tebow will still be a Jet and Idzik can either cut him or let Morningwig try and use him somewhere somehow.

There's no super hurry to figure it out and I doubt Idzik even deals with this on a daily basis, unlike the whole Revis thing.

15. Mangold Goldman

Im sorry but you're spewing some moronic stuff.

I swear the Tebow supporters are absolutely the worst, its always everyone else's fault, never Tebow. No, he would not have led us to 2-4 more victories, and there is a reason why nobody in football sees him as a quarterback or anything close.

Also, while it isn't his fault, the circus he brings with him is such a nightmare for any franchise.

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

fired for one arguable coaching decision? no, thats not a good reason at all. sanchez was screwing up royally but there was never an overwhelming argument to give an entirely new offense a go for anything but maybe the last game if only to put it to bed.

I bought a wilk' hoping that lasts a few years more than my scott.

and that was actually something I had rattling in my head, he's NOT gone yet. why? there can't be much in the way of trading partners, are they having second thoughts and want to give him a new role? are they letting him mull it over as to wether he accepts that new role or moves on?

i could see him as a pretty good FB, and based on his runs (which was mostly all he did save for a few completions to the broad side of a barn) he has good reads, decent speed and toughness.

one thing is for sure, he's not a qb that can start in the WCO, but maybe MM can find a better use for him than TS could?

all i want is a conclusion and a straight answer, one that rids distraction.

17. harts24

harts24 Member

once we release tebow he will be out of the league! enough said

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

People don't understand this. Tebow has never taken a REAL hand off since he was in middle school. Sure, it's something that can be taught, but it's not going to happen overnight. The fans that want him to move to HB are clueless.

The best spot for him would be at FB. Tebow is actually a decent blocker and doesn't mind getting his nose into it. If they can teach him to turn his body more fluidly, he wouldn't be a bad option out of the backfield. As everyone probably noticed last year, he's very stiff, and his hips aren't that mobile (which is key to being a good TE).

All this talk is null and void if he doesn't want to convert.

19. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Sanchez single handidly fumbled away or threw pick 6s to lose us 2-4 games. Tebow would have gotten us first downs and or touchdowns where Sanchez failed.

Sanchez stunk in preseason and the entire regular season the decision to leave him as the starter is not just one argueable coaching decision.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tebow was never given a chance. That falls on Rex.