Cotchery most likely to miss Bills game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 13, 2009.

1. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Well we all have the luxury of that! I just see a bunch of fans tossing the BILLS to the side and I can't help but think that the game is gonna be alot closer than you guys think. You'll have a big game running if you can get by the 8 in the box that I think Buffalo is going to throw at you. Sanchez is going to have to beat Buffalo. That is tough for a rookie with a depleted WR corps.

2. HOI

HOI Active Member

If Cotch is hurt I want to see him rest up. A hammy can be a nagging injury, Id rather he take a seat now and be healthy for the stretch run. (lets not have a Reyes situation here) And I am in no way overlooking the Bills but I am more than comfortable with Edwards, the Clown, and Keller.

The only thing I worry about is the shitty weather. If thats the case and I'm Buffalo I'm putting 8 in the box (as usual) and making Sanchez beat me in his first truly shitty weather day at the Meadowlands. Rain, swirling winds, might take away the deep ball and the ability to stretch the field...I would sell out trying to stop the run.

Weather is an equilizer. Shit...a few years back thats why we beat Pittsburg at homewhen we shouldnt have.

3. MisterBouncyBounce

MisterBouncyBounce New Member

hammy injuries can be real bitches. i wish he were healthy, i'd like for him to have a big year but its better he heals it up completely so we don't have to worry about it down the stretch. Cotch is the kind of solid guy that makes it easy to root for him and the team.

4. NYCBillsFan

I like the way you think. Although, Trent Edwards career record in shitty weather is pathetic. I may get so drunk for this game I'll puke gang green.... lol

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Dude, that's like saying...

last year, if Detroit was facing a team that they had a winning % against (overall, all-time) that you would pick Detroit to win that game because of the overall record; Detroit was inexplicably winless.

I'm not comparing the Bills to last year's Detroit team -- I'm just saying that shit from 35 years ago has nothing to do with this Sunday.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

HAHAAH

that gang green puke thing was funny, but our WR corp will be fine with Edwards, Clowney, and if Woodhead makes an appearance.. Plus we got Leon too

7. NYCBillsFan

I do see alot of screens and play-action this week. Leon could have a 100-100 game this week....

8. NYCBillsFan

I realize that the past 50 years mean little to Sunday's game. I'm just saying that to toss this game out as a joke is a mistake. Your squad looks, on-paper, to be able to take this game. There are tons of variables that are unanswered that make this the game to avoid in any suicide pool. It would not surprise me if the score was 30-13, either way.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I just don't understand how this team fell apart in a few weeks..

for example that Patriots game damn man I feel for Bills fans.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Oh believe me, from here on out, (for me, personally) there's no more green-colored chalk, no mattered who the opponent.

11. NYCBillsFan

That's the BILLS for ya. Trent has been a Jekyll n' Hyde QB since he was knocked out of the ARIZONA game in week 5 last year. I really think his concussion had far more damaging effects than the BILLS want to admit. They rushed him back because we had JP Losman, who you guys know all to well, was NOT the answer. After the Jason Peters holdout last year, they didn't want a repeat this year and thought they could create magic again with Karl Malone's son at LT. Problem is, they also had two rookies at LG and RG to experience growing pains. This year is going to be rough. The OL will be good in the next year or two, but only for the next coach, not Jeauxron.

12. gofins

gofins New Member

Like you really need him to beat the Bills.

13. NYCBillsFan

Der-duh-der-um, der-duh

Just in case you guys don't speak DOLPHIN, I translated for ya....

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

fuck the dolphins, i actually dont have much of a problem with the bills, in fact if they werent a division rival i wouldnt mind them at all, but they are.....so fuck em. Honestly, if we dont convincingly beat the bills this week, and show up angry after what happened on monday, id be very surprised. THis is NOT to say the jets havent given me their fair share of surprises over the years, though.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

These fucking hammy injuries can linger for awhile i was hoping it would be fine by now but thats not the case. He barely played last week and only had 1 catch for what 4 yards ? Probably shouldn't have played at all. Its going to suck if he's out sunday but i rather have him come back healthy against the Raidas.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I can see what your saying but you have a shitload of injuries and a lack of depth. I see us winning but not that easily.

27 - 13 Jets

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So, now we see what Clowney really has in him.

19. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

At least we get a bit of a reprieve the next two weeks. He better be healthy by the Nov 1 Miami game though. I would hate to go into that game with only Edwards, a college QB, and Kevin Swayne ver 2 as our receivers.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Clowney actually has hands, Swayne did not. The Clown's routes better get a little better if we're going to be depending on him as a starter the next 2 weeks, though, even if it's the Bills and the Raiders.