Coronavirus Quarantine a/k/a What I Did on My Quarantine Vacation Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Apr 6, 2020.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Cute pup. Good one for the kids. Manageable size, smart and loyal.... they can be a PIA sometimes. If they see / smell something they don't like in the yard.... "hunting instinct" kicks in. Their bark sucks though. ;)

I got a beagle mix (with who knows what else) for my mom years back. "Rudy", He was an awesome dog.

FJF likes this.
  2. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Collars that release citronelli when they bark stops them barking

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im slowly going crazy..Went to King Kullen today and there was atleast 40 people there which freaked me out a little bit.Gonna go an hour before they close from now on ...Ive had enough of this shit...I used my vacation time at work and have been home all week and it isnt fun.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My King Kullen closed at six at least twice this week, two hours earlier than they are supposed to. First time I just went home, second I forced myself to go to StopnShop. I am going to hate it if they ever complete the takeover which is now running over a year late.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sign that beast!!!

jetophile likes this.
  6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

:D

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Holy Shit, it was so windy yesterday morning! My neighbor's outdoor furniture almost crashed through the French Doors on his deck. The whole table got lifted and luckily stayed horizontal before it smashed into the strut in the middle, then it crashed around before doing some other damage. He lost a lot of fascia, and I lost a couple of shingles. I also lost some fascia on my Studio. We hammered that back on to keep the birds out, but it's kind of crumpled. I don't care because we're getting a new roof on the house in June and I'm also getting a new roof on the Studio at the same time. The Studio roof is only a little over 15 years old, but I'm getting a great deal and I figured may as well make them match. The guy's name is Pedro Gonzales (Gonzales Roofing). Fuck you all, his name really is Pedro Gonzales.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask so is this guy Ralph Izzo, the CEO of PSEG making his COVID announcements all over New Jersey like he is on Long Island? He doesn't come across as a powerhouse in the power business; he looks like he's wearing somebody else's teeth and he's being filmed in his grandmother's den, in 1963. WTF?

9. jetophile

The only Izzo I know is Larry and he was just as ugly the one year that he played for the Jets than he was before he came here. OK, that was really mean. I generally never say anything about anyone's looks because it's not anything that they can help and I'm not Miss America for Fcks Sake so who am I to talk; but Jesus Christ, clean yourself up a little bit, that's really all I'm saying . . . although Jeff Garcia, I really don't know what you could do with that even if you bleached him or something. :/

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Went to Target yesterday. I have more paper products under my sink than Target has on its shelves. I'm a little bit ashamed that I went to buy prune juice.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Now you are going to need even more toilet paper

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

My beagle is a couch potato. She's really smart and can be stubborn. Great family dog. Taught her tons of tricks.

Then we have a kelpie. This dog is insanely smart. Hasn't failed to learn a trick I've tried to teach him. Very much a working dog. Always on a mission. I've been teaching him weaving poles for agility training. Got ten set up that I have him go through before jumping. Fiercely loyal.

HomeoftheJets, Brook! and FJF like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My pups been pretty good so far. Really settled into the rhythm of the household. I plan on using her for what beagles are bred for so we do a lot of nose training . Right now she can find the scent but doesn’t have the attention span to track for more than 15-20 feet. Spurts of hyper activity followed by hour naps. We’re the same that way.

14. jetophile

I'm outside in the parking lot of a medical facility waiting to be called in for a nuclear stress test. I don't see why they have to inject me with some nonsense to get my heart rate to freak out. Just pop in any tape of a Jets game, eeny miney mo it. It's a good thing there's cardio docs here, I could die.

GI Dr. is next on my list. If they go the Jets tape route, forget the colonoscopy. I'm here for agita from the other place.

Brook!, dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pop in the 04/05 Steelers playoff game, Doug Brien missed field goals , just make sure they have the paddles on stand by.

16. jetophile

They actually put that on TV? Amid all of the meager bright spots we have they picked that? Humps. I posted about this within the last couple of years, but there was a Pepsi commercial that aired once during a Jets away game some years ago. I could swear the guys who put the commercial together were trolling Jets fans, there's really no other explanation. It had some really random lowlights of the Jets getting demolished. I know my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, and I can't be the only two people in the United States who saw this. We raced each other to the phone.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I watched that game with all my aunts and uncles, my mom, sister, etc. at my grandparents house.

I was the only Jets fan in a room full of hardcore Steelers fans. 16 year old me got shown no mercy. Blood was nearly drawn.

18. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Just as an aside to that game. I was playing in a hockey tournament final when the Jets/Steelers game was ongoing.
    I remember running into the arena lobby between periods to use the pay phone to get updates from my wife.
    Won the tournament, but would have traded it a million times over for a Brien make, lol.

19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Me and my mutt Ted are just hanging out waiting for this to end and looking forward to the draft on Thursday. Ted would like a beer while relaxing..
    [​IMG]

thedonger and Brook! like this.
  20. jetophile

^Rico Suave.