CornerBlitz.com Final Mock Draft (w/ Trades)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CleveSteve, Apr 23, 2013.

1. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Someone is going to trade up to get a tackle... Arizona, San Diego, or New Orleans. I think New Orleans would give up #15 and next year's 1 if they could get one of the top 3 guys. As a Browns fan, I would love for one of those three guys to make it to 6 because there are three teams and one LT. Personally, I think Johnson is the best pure LT in the draft. Fisher is the best-equipped to play either side, but Johnson has the best pass protect skills. He already has an NFL-elite first step. That was my thinking on how that played out.

He didn't for me. Every one of these pass rushers has questions. Detroit desperately needs two DEs. Werner's questions are mainly a consistent effort, but that's nit-picking. He is great off the line, has been consistently productive, and has excellent size for the position.

Yeah, that's how I see it. I don't know that I think Armstead is a reach in the first, but Watson probably is. I had Armstead as my 5th-best LT before the combine. If you watch UAPB games (they're on YouTube in UAPB's official channel) they guy is just a monster. Just pushes the guys completely off the screen. Yes, the competition is not good, but he's clearly out of place in the games. Both NO and SD have to end up with LTs. So does Baltimore. New Orleans doesn't have a 2nd rounder so they have to suck it up and grab one in the first or risk a scrub protecting Brees.

I think it's either Jones or Carradine. There are bunches of startable CBs in this draft, no need to trade up for one IMO. Pass rush is more important anyways. I gave Jones the edge because he's UGA, which is a bad reason.

I try to look at the drafts as a whole team-by-team... at what rounds will there be players that they like available to help plot out their drafts. My mocks always turn out different than most people's, but I try to do them honestly.

I really like Hopkins, but given the choice between a really good receiver who didn't poop all over his hotel room at the combine and one that did, who are you going to take? Eventually, he becomes so clearly the best guy left, he's the selection.

Also, I like Eifert a lot, but I didn't get to a point in the first where I thought "picking a tight end is the best thing for this team at this point in the draft" until I got to pick 30 and knew how many picks the Jets still had.

As far as Franklin, I had a really tough time drafting off running backs. A lot of really good ones went really late. Same reasons as above.

As far as Damontre Moore, I think people are putting way too much stock into the combine. Moore puts a great effort on the field but he's a bit of a wild card off of it. He actually kind of reminds me of Jared Allen. BTW, Jared Allen did 13 225 reps at the combine.

Thanks for the feedback! :up:

#21 CleveSteve, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  2. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

7th rounder: Zach Line, FB SMU

3. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Round 7 is posted if you're interested!

4. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Well, a lot I picked was way off, but actually I got quite a few things right:

• Got the first four players right, just the wrong order.
    • I had Miami trading their first taking a DE, just not Jordan.
    • I had the Vikings drafting Sharrif Floyd and Xavier Rhodes while trading all their picks until the 5th, but didn't have them also getting Patterson.
    • Had the Bills as the only team to draft a QB in the first, but had the wrong one.
    • Rams trading up for Austin from 16 then trading down from 22 to recoup a pick.
    • Kyle Long in the first
    • Packers drafting a 5T DE, just thought Jones would already be gone
    • Lions drafting a LDE, just wrong one
    • Oakland trading out of three with only extra pick this year is a second. I had them drafting Hayden, but with the second they gained, not in the first.
    • Eifert "slipping" past 20.
    • Atlanta trading up, but I was way off on that one
    • got 16/32 position:pick combos right.
    • got 9 offensive linemen in the first right