Corey Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 3, 2021.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Davis is a solid #2 receiver but asking him to be the #1 is too much. Tennessee already knew that. If we bring in a real #1 then Davis' production will greatly increase.

REVISion and cval like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Huge disappointment so far. He is not really known for fumbling the ball. He averages 1 fumble a year. This year he already had 2, causing TOs. Dropped balls, also he is not known for, yet he leads NFL in these now - causing in INTs. Talent is there, but he just can't put it together this year.

REVISion likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I would not describe Davis as solid now. An argument can be made we are better off with him off the field. The potential is there to be sure, the ability is there, but mistakes have been VERY costly. Unfortunately Mims sucked as well or there could be a strong argument to bench Davis at this point. IF he could limit his mistakes, he could be solid #2, heck even #1 maybe. But with the drops and fumbles, balls going through his hands for INTs - he is a huge liability at this point. Hoping he can put it all together soon.

CotcheryFan and ouchy like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Will his hands suddenly turn into flesh and bone again when moving to the #2?

ukjetsfan likes this.
  5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I had no problem signing him. My preference was Godwin, but Tampa tagged him. He was probably best of the FA receivers. So we are “better”. To that point to be honest he is infinitely better than any receiver we had last year. I remember one game, we did not have a legit NFL receiver on the field. But if Davis wants to be regarded as a # 1 he has got to do better with the drops! Otherwise he will be a # 2 at best.