containing the saints

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Best way to beat the Saints is to keep the offense off the field.

That means a strong run game and time management.
    Also, blitz brees

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Sort of what Miami did to the Colts.:smile: We need to score points and do it by passing the ball early.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Almost...but you forget the key part that the dolphins did not do...Blitz Manning.

Manning had a whole lifetime behind the pocket to get a pass off

4. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Take out Brees.

5. Breesus

Breesus New Member

You will be giving our D some credit after this week. And it doesn't matter if Revis can shut down Colston because Brees throws to whoever is open and we have tons of weapons. And if they try to blitz all day there will be plenty of people open. The Jets appear to have a pretty solid D and we have a insane O so it should be a great game. For those of you coming to the game get ready because it's going to be insane inside the Dome. That place is straight electric for big games. Congrats on being 3-0 and good luck from October 5th on...

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Collins stood in the pocket and was hitting WR all day yesterday. If not for a couple of big drops by his WR the Titans may well have put 24 or more on us yesterday.

Indoors the Saints are going to score points. We need to score points. The keep away game only works when you have the lead.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not saying they aren't good, just that they haven't played anybody any good to date. Until you play some top teams there is no way to judge your defense. You playes Detroit, Philadelphia and Buffalo. We played Houston, New England and Tennessee. I think it's easier to judge our defense than yours at this point.

#47 Don, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  8. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Houston's not that great, the Pats were a good win, and Tennessee blows this year.

The Saints are going to be your first real test.

You're going to be ours.

9. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Watch out you may be giving our O some credit after this game. They just played two really good d's and found a way to win.

This should be a fun game to watch!

10. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

Hello Jets Fans,

We sure hope a bunch of you are going to make the trip to New Orleans to enjoy our food, culture, and what looks like to be a heck of a game.

The Bills gave you guys some pretty good ideas yesterday, but I sure hope that Sean Payton learns from it.

Normally, I would say your game plan is too run the ball and control the clock, but we slowed down a pretty strong Fred Jackson yesterday so Sanchez is going to have to stay hot and take a few chances.

I hope for a great game that is injury free and somehow the Saints can pull off a win.

Don't forget to stop by Cafe Du Monde for Coffee and Beignets before you leave New Orleans.

Geaux Saints!
    MC

11. Breesus

Breesus New Member

To be honest I actually like the Jets this year. Rex Ryan is F-ing awesome. He's similar to Sean Payton in his attitude and aggressiveness and as fans you have to love coaches like that. I know we haven't play a top tier offense yet but we have shut teams down and they only scored and moved the ball when we were up by 3tds and playing prevent D. We actually would have shut out Buffalo if it weren't for a gay fake field goal. It's going to be one hell of a game and I think we'll win mainly because we will be playing in the Dome under controlled conditions which plays to our strengths. If this game were in the wind and elements in NY it would be a lot tougher for us. Either way it's going to be nice to get all the coverage this week leading up to the game.

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

Saints have a good d now ?

13. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Saints are a top 10 D.

We held the bills offense to 0 points. Their 7 points came on special teams.

We are 5th in the league against the run. We held Brian Westbrook and Fred Jackson to barely half their averages.

We are 22nd against the pass, because we are usually playing prevent defense the entire 4th quarter.

First in interceptions.

Average margin of victory is 20 points.

The Saints D is dramatically improved this year. I know we've played the Lions and the Eagles, but after the Bills, we deserve some respect.

That being said, YOU guys deserve respect too. Your team is playing lights out football. You're loaded with good players and your rookie QB looks like he may have a bright future ahead of him wearing green. You've gotten far to be 3-0 right now, as have we. This is going to be a good game, no matter how you look at it, and the winner of this game will be able to say to the rest of the league that they deserve to be considered the best in the league.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's a real shame that this game is on CBS and it's FOX's turn for a double header. I just read that will keep the national coverage very low.

15. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I've always liked the Saints and I think they have some of the coolest fans in the league. Should make for a fun week. I think that this will be the toughest test for the Jets this year and honestly, I am expecting our first loss. However; if we find a way to slow down that Offense and pull this out then, there's no doubt that the Jets should be taken seriously as a contender this year.

I have not seen the Saints play at all this year. I know they have an explosive Offense but I have heard very little about their Defense. Not really sure what to expect when the Jets have the ball.

16. realitybias

realitybias New Member

To illustrate that it is the prevent defense that we are 22nd in passing defense (yards), here is our completion percentage defense:

Saints defense is 4th in the league with completion percentage with 54.4% completed against them.

17. SaintsFanMan

SaintsFanMan New Member

Read it and weep....

Per NFL.com, the Saints are:

OFFENSE - Ranks 1st Overall
    - 1st in points scored (40)
    - 1st in yards gained (438 )
    - 6th in passing (267.3)
    - 2nd in rushing (170.7) nice!

DEFENSE - Ranks 10th Overall
    - 14th in points allowed (18.7)
    - 10th in yards allowed (312.3)
    - 23rd against the pass (245.3)
    - 5th against the run (67)

The Saints have the best OL is the league. They are the difference in the power running game and pass blocking. Both have been working. The Saints DL has 3 #1 picks starting. The defense is much improved and creating turnovers +4.

Also #1... 120 points for and 56 against... +64 on the points differential.
    Oh and the Saints have only allowed 2 points in the 4th quarter on a safety we choose to take.

The Saints offense is built for the Superdome.

#57 SaintsFanMan, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If any team is going to give a letdown this week, it's the Saints.

Good finesse teams often fall hard to good attacking defenses, and that's exactly what the Jets are going to bring to the table this week. We have the defensive backs to hold coverage long enough for the blitz to be effective, and as long as we're able to get to Brees, it'll negate their entire strength and force them into a dogfight.

I take the Jets in a dogfight, which is what I'm expecting.

19. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Watch the Bills game and tell me that we're a finesse team.

We've got a good, attacking defense too. Our DC held back the blitzes until that Buffalo game, and we shut down a very good offense in Buffalo on the road.

20. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

"Houston's not that great, the Pats were a good win, and Tennessee blows this year.

The Saints are going to be your first real test.

You're going to be ours."

The Pats game was the Jets first real test